Part 5

At the Emperor's Palace...

Belos was going over paperwork for the construction of the new Arachnid Railway Station when he soon heard a call from his raven.

"This is Emperor Belos of the Boiling Isles, please state your business," Belos spoke through the raven's belly while doing work.

It was Hunter on the other line and boy did he have a tale to tell.

"Hunter? Shouldn't you be at school-? What? Wait, wait, wait! What? Sunk into the sea? Huge Storm?!? Are you-? Okay, you're all safe, good, good. Are you, William, and Spade together? Good, just stay there. I'll come and pick you up. I love you three. Stay safe."

Belos then ended the call and sighed.

At the Throne Room...

"Saint Palistrum is gone? Are the boys okay?" Darius gasped at the information given.

"They're safe and they're at the storm shelter with the rest of the students and staff. They evacuated to safety, and everyone is fine. I'm leaving to pick them up." The emperor informed the Abomination Coven Head.

"Do you mind if I accompany you? You may need some help to calm the populace." Darius offered as he summoned his small abomination Palisman, Heracles.

It was not quite true since he wanted to make sure the boys were okay and maybe finally convinced Belos to let them attend Hexside.

"Very well." Belos sighed as he called for Blueberry, "Blue, I need you to stay here and man the fort. Check up on Luzura and her friends, and make sure they won't get into any trouble.

"Yes sir."

"I want Luz to be careful during her visit to the carnival, I mean after what we suffered from last time." Belos sighed.

"I know... The dreaded fake oil incident with that lying wizard, Tibbles." Blue shivered with the memory playing over her head...

A few years ago, at Carnaval Des Ombres...

Belos agreed to take his sweet little nephew William to the carnival after doing so well at school, with young Spade strapped to his chest in a chest harness.

Atticus and Hunter wanted to spend some time together in a different part of the carnival. Belos and the nephews were disguised as normal people as it would be better to walk among people without getting swamped by fans or attempts on their lives by assassins. They were having fun and playing games and soon made it to the shopping part of the fair.

"Come one come all, want your palisman to be speedy? Want to kick it into high gear without them losing their lustrous glow? Sick of constantly cleaning and buffing it to give them that new palisman shine? Well, then I got good news for you!" The pig declared in a wizard attire, "From the mysterious world of the Night Isles, I present to you the Tibble's Tonic! Just one scrub and your Palisman will look sleek, sheik, and stylish!"

Belos was curious. He did want to give his beloved Blue a gift for working so hard. His Swan Palisman showed curiosity as well.

"I'll take one."

Belos and Blue would regret it the next day.

The next day, at Carnaval Des Ombres...

Tibbles was so happy with how much money he made after counting so many.

"Ah, another day another snail..." He swooned as his bogus tonic was making him a fortune.