9

Y/n's pov

Dee looked into my eyes lovingly. His lips felt smooth when he kissed me but it tasted like cigarette smoke. I gave him one more small kiss on the cheek and got up.

"I have to get back to my house, Dee." I smiled at him and said goodbye. I started walking back to my house flustered. My smile wouldn't fade.

Once I opened the door I ran into my father when I stepped inside. Disappointment displayed across his face. Did I do something wrong?

"Oh my, I am so sorry father! Please forgive me." I said, hoping that might cheer him up, although I had no clue what I did. Was it because I stayed up late? I have quite a good excuse for that.

"You came home a bit late, dear." I knew he was going to find a reason to be mad at me. I nodded in agreement and spoke.

"I'm sorry, I tried to get here as fast as I could. We had to stay a bit late because a few extra people came in when it was about to be over." I lied, I fidgeted with my fingers, and I tried my best to look him in the eyes.

"Is that so?" He said, looking at me with small anger. A feeling of doubt washed over me. He knew that I was lying, he just wanted me to say it myself.

"Yes, it is, father. May I please go to my room to change into more comfortable clothes?" I asked politely, trying to change the subject.

"No, you may not." He grabbed my wrist and dragged me to the living room. He made me sit down, he stood in front of me with a ruler in his hand that he grabbed from the coffee table. "You know I love you, right?" He asked, although I doubted it, I nodded. "Sometimes, children need discipline. I'm not trying to hurt you, oh no. I'm trying to teach you how to act properly." He pulled my wrist close to him and smacked it with the ruler. I winced and held my eyes shut.

"I want you to tell me the truth. Why did you come home so late?" He asked once again. I took a deep breath in and then out to stay calm.

"I only went for a walk, father," I replied, I tried to sound convincing, but unfortunately it didn't work. He slapped my wrist again.

"You smell like smoke, do you have an explanation for that?" He said, his grip grew tighter around the ruler, and my heart sank in fear. It took me a moment to speak up, but that just made his suspicion of me grow.

"I walked by a few smokers," I spoke calmly, but I was going crazy. I just want this to be over.

I held my hands together and tried to sit as straight as possible to show that he had my respect. Although he could see right through me I felt a strong desire for the same hope I once had. The same hope I had when I was younger. Soon that feeling washed away and she slammed the ruler on my wrist again. I felt a tear fall from my eyes, but I wiped it instantly. My breathing got faster as anger surged through him.

"Did you smoke, dear?" I nodded slowly, unable to speak. I couldn't help but fall under his manipulation. He held my arm tighter leaving a red mark on my skin.

"What has my daughter become." I heard him mutter to himself. He dropped the ruler on the table and gave me a hard slap on the face. My eyes formed a waterfall of tears and I put my hand on my cheek.

"Were you with anyone?" He asked, his voice echoing threw the halls. I didn't answer, I could only focus on the pain that he gave me.

"I..." I tried to speak but I only stammered. He gave me another hard strike across the face. I tried to yank my arm from his grasp but I failed. It was the worst mistake I have ever made in my whole life. My eyes softened and I felt my body freeze in terror. I looked at him, the room was silent. But it soon filled up with a loud bang. I was thrown to the ground and my head hit the floor.

"Don't try to escape this. Understand?" He yelled, looking down at me.

"I...I'm sorry.." I spoke out trying to get up. I grabbed the coffee table next to us for support and I stood up straight. "I was with a kid from my school. I wasn't thinking straight and I only did it once." My voice quivered as I spoke and I wouldn't dare look at him in his eyes.

"Go to your room." He left the room and walked away. I stood there in silence for a few seconds rethinking my choices. I went upstairs into my room and quietly shut the door behind me. I shook and tears ran down my cheeks to my neck. I felt my body fall to my knees and hit the ground, many thoughts flowed through my head all at once. I took a deep breath in and then out calming myself down. I got back up and looked out the window. The stars scattered the sky, making beautiful patterns and constellations. My eyes lit up and sparkled, and a small grin appeared on my face. I walked over to the window and opened it, the fresh cold air brushed my cheek and made the curtains flow around me. I grabbed onto the window and put a foot on the roof, although it was higher than my window I'm still a pretty good climber so I managed to pull myself up. I took a seat on the top of the room and lay my head back on my hands and looked up at the dark blue sky. It looked like someone threw a fantasy of stars in the air and made a masterpiece. My smile widened as I started finding some constellations, like the Big Dipper and Sagittarius. I closed my eyes to feel the moment but soon fear dawned over me as soon as I heard the awful yell of my father calling for me. I sighed, got up, and went back into my room; ready for whatever he needed me for.

"Yes, father?" I yelled back, hoping I wouldn't need to go back downstairs and face him.

"It's dinner time."

"I'm not hungry!" I lied and closed my door again. In fact, I was starving. I haven't eaten since this morning, but I would do anything to avoid my father right now. I looked over at my bedroom mirror and saw the huge red mark displayed on my face. I looked utterly ridiculous! I started laughing at myself until they turned into sobs. I ran my fingers into my hair and held onto the back of my head. My elbows rested on my dresser that was under the mirror. I looked at my face in disgust. I tried to hold back my sobs but it only make it worse. I slammed my head onto the dresser and my hands grabbed onto my hair with almost enough force to yank it all out.

My father is right. What have I become?