Chapter 2: A place to stay and first event

"Speaking"

'Thoughts'

*Action or sound*

Text being read

Skill

(No POV)

Maple: "Thank you so much Iz!"

Iz: "You don't need to thank me."

Iz was being very kind with Leaf. First she made him clothes, and now she was letting him stay at her shop. As long as he behaves well.

The little guy was tired after getting a small tour of town from Maple. Thankfully Iz helped when she saw Maple struggling to carry Leaf with 0 STR. So Iz offered to let him stay at her shop.

Iz glanced over to the tired boy that was sitting in the chair with droopy eyes. The only rule she had was to not touch anything in the smithing room without permission, where plenty of dangerous and fragile things were.

Maple: "Ok Leaf. I'm logging off, but I'll be back soon. So listen to Iz and if she logs out, stay in the house"

Maple was already attached to her new friend. The boy nods and gets pat by Maple.

Maple: "Bye"

Maple logged off with a look of reluctance and Leaf just sits there half asleep. So Iz lifts the boy up, surprised at how light he is and walks to the back room.

It was a room as big as a two car garage, one half taken by the forge and crafting stations. The other half was split into two sections. One section had chests hanging on the walls. The other section had a a simple black couch large enough for three people behind a metal knee high table.

She was going to set him down on the couch of the break corner. But Leaf had a surprisingly tight grip.

Iz: "Leaf, I have projects I need to work on. Can you please let me go?"

Eventually she pried him off and laid him on the couch. Iz had plenty of time before needing to log off, so she slipped earmuffs on him before working.

(Time skip)

Iz engraves the weapon name into the hilt, satisfied with her work. She turns to check on Leaf and set the dagger aside. Leaf was still on the couch with his hands tucked near his chest and a peaceful expression on his face. Iz brushed herself off and stared at the boy.

Iz: "What are you?"

The whisper was barely audible as she thinks on what she knew. A boy found in the woods, starving and feeble, with no memory or identity. It sounds like a story or unique quest of some kind.

Iz: "Not a player...and not a normal NPC."

Iz pulls a blanket from her inventory to lay over the boy. She gained a smile seeing him snuggle into the couch with the blanket.

Iz: "A hidden quest? A secret of some kind?"

She was thinking about it until she realized she woke the boy up with the blanket. Iz sets her tools down, seeing the boy look around confused.

Leaf: "Maple?"

Iz: "Maple logged off"

Leaf's face droops. His neutral face of confusion went to a face of sadness. Iz thinks for a way to stop him from getting sad and sits next to him, petting his head.

Iz: "Don't worry. I'm sure she'll come looking for you when she gets back."

Leaf: "...When?"

When is a good question. Iz doesn't answer and instead focuses on the grumble from his gut.