Chapter 17.5: Not so friendly face (Revised)

"Speaking"

'Thinking'

*Action or sound*

Text being read

Skill

(Sally POV)

The ElephANT queen screeches and the ants start to rush towards us from the walls and pillar. I was about to grab Leaf and make a break for it when the queen spits out a torrent of acid.

*SPLASH*

The acid struck the bridge we were just on, melting it away after I used Leap to get away. Using the other bridges to get more height, I look down at the ascending mass of ants and look back at Leaf.

Me: "Leaf? Where's your exit?!"

He has to use his Bark Skin to grow a tree doorway, and barely made one before the-

*YIP*

We turned around to see a red ant biting down on Lily, then raised its head to slam its pincers on the ground.

Leaf: "LILY!"

The doorway he was making fell apart as his eyes started to glow green and vine antlers appeared on his head.

Leaf lifts his arm and several roots smash the ant as one root grabbed Lily. She was handed to Leaf, who directed his glowing eyes towards the queen, who just poked her head in view of us.

*THOOM*

The ElephANT queen screech as she was hit in the face by Leaf's beam attack, losing its left eye from it. The ElephANTs around us screeched with more aggression as the queen got injured and Leaf's glow from his power up revealed the wave of ants along the walls.

Maple with her Hydra or Paralysis Shout would be invaluable here. I can do this with what I have, but protecting Leaf at the same time will make it harder.

My attention was brought to Leaf's hands. One was scorched and the other had his barrier skill over it. But the barrier has multiple holes on it, making it kinda look like a disco ball without lights. After I used the potion on his hand, he raised the barrier covered hand in the air as it glowed. I understood and got down on my knees as Leaf uses his beam skill again.

With the barrier over his hand with multiple holes, it redirected the beam into multiple beams as it spun and started to mow the lawn of ants. Countless ants start to fall from the beams severing them in half as the queen retreats to the darkness below.

More screeching was heard as ants began to rise from the walls, clearly trying to protect the queen.

Me: "Leaf?! Your exit?!"

In his emotionless state, he made a doorway of roots with leaves blocking our view of the other side. But I just jumped through, dragging Leaf and Lily with me as Clover hopped through. We were then brought to Sanctuary and at the feet of a concerned looking Juniper.

*Whine*

I turned in time to see Juniper cradling an injured Lily, with a large mark on her leg. I sit up and pet her gently as Juniper used a potion on her. The burn fades nearly immediately, but Juniper continues to hold her while trying to pick up the unconscious Leaf.

I helped by lifting him into the bed and pat his head while I use another potion on him. While it was a good call to use the skill, I now had to wait a few hours for him to recover.

Me: "Juniper, can you-"

Juniper: "Of course"

I thank her and select Teleport to spawn, leaving Sanctuary and heading to Iz's shop to discuss my idea.