𝗂. 𝗂𝗇 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝖼𝗁 𝗋𝖺𝖼𝗁𝖾𝗅 𝗌𝗉𝗈𝗈𝗄𝗌 𝖾𝗏𝖾.

chapter one.
in which rachel spooks eve.

         there is a fine line between art and pure chaos

         there is a fine line between art and pure chaos. you never notice yourself crossing it, but you feel the consequences later on. you'll notice how steady your slow descent into the pits of madness is... truth is, this isn't the case for evangeline. she's just very dramatic.

         evangeline webb, one of the many daughters of apollo, is going through an uninspired phase in her artist life. for the past five days, the best artist of camp halfblood —as she would call herself— has not been able to paint even one stroke right. she is absolutely devastated.

         out of frustration, she breaks the paintbrush that she had been holding. "i think that's the third one this week."

         "that would be correct." she said, biting back a comment. if she would ever slip up and insult druva, an absolute angel on earth, she'd personally send herself to tartarus.

         the sun was starting to set onto halfblood hill. painting the sky in hues of purples, pinks, blues and yellows, apollo —aka her dearest father— was clocking out and waiting for artemis' night shift to start.

         "dinner's gonna start soon." druva put their hands behind their back. "will you be joining us, miss michelangela?" she smiled at the last comment, thinking they are an absolute genius.

         evangeline couldn't help but smile at their attempt to be sassy. "why, yes, miss bhalla, i will."

         her half-sibling beamed at her before reaching for her hand. they skipped together to the mess hall, thinking about all the delicacies they were going to be served with.

         to evangeline, a lasagna sounded really good at that moment. or maybe dumplings, like auntie huang used to make back in seattle.

         auntie huang isn't actually related to evangeline. she's been her mom and hers' sweet old lady neighbor since before the webb girl could even talk properly. her own children had already left their childhood home, so helping a single mom take care of a baby was no big deal.

         the dining pavilion was as lively as ever. dozens of half-bloods talking with each other before having to separate to go to their own tables. in those waves and waves of demigod children, you see the puzzled face of will solace, looking over the rows of kids.

         well... he can only be looking for two certain people....

         "eve! druva!" he started stomping to the pair. even with how calm and collected he usually is, he looked quite stressed at that moment.

         "i think we should go back..." evangeline was already turning her body to go back where they came from.

         "if we managed to make will mad," dru was following her lead, looking to her and then back at solace, who was closing in, "then we really crossed some lines."