𝗑𝗂. 𝗂𝗇 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝖼𝗁 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗅𝖽 𝗀𝗈𝗈𝗌𝖾 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗌𝖾 𝗈𝖿 𝖺 𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗌𝗍 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗋𝗍𝗌.

chapter eleven.
in which the wild goose chase
of a quest starts.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M BEING SENT ON A QUEST?!" Haneul's voice probably woke up half of the camp, with good reason

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M BEING SENT ON A QUEST?!" Haneul's voice probably woke up half of the camp, with good reason. She was going to be sent God knows where without having consented to it first.

"I would've gone on the quest, but the Argo II should be done any day now." Piper was chilling on her bed, already in her pyjamas. Haneul looked at her shocked, her jaw to the floor.

"I should've known not to accept your offer!" The Korean girl slapped herself in the face. She knew something not exactly nice for her was going to come out of that "contract", and she was absolutely right. "Who am I going with?"

"Mateo, Athena's Counselor and Danae, the new girl." McLean responded, playing with her hair. "Honestly, that red-head girl was so adamant on going on this quest, it was weird. Never seen someone so eager to go on a mission from which they don't even know they'll return."

But Haneul didn't want to hear anything anymore. She just laid on her side, with her face to the wall, and tucked herself in. All she knew was that she was going on an unwanted quest to save Evangeline. The reason for it was the only thing that kept her from running away and never coming back —potentially going over to the romans camp, maybe—.

How did Evangeline manage to get abducted? No, actually, why wasn't Druva with her? Those two always seemed attached at the hip, so what were the chances that the one time they don't do an activity together, one ends up fainting and the other disappearing? Note to self: Never keep Druva and Eves apart. Something bad will totally happen.

In all the years Haneul spent at the camp, she had never been on a quest as major as this. Everyone expected them not only to come back with the blonde, but also solve the mystery behind the disappearances. Quite high expectations to put on someone that is such an amateur at missions.

Mateo was probably not even thinking this was going to be a big deal. He's used to weird shit and hard quests being given to him. Hell, he was basically the Commander of the camp during the Second Titan War! Danae, on the other hand, probably felt the same as Haneul.

Both statements were partially true. The Athena Cabin had been quiet, or at least quieter, for fifteen minutes, which left Matt to his own thoughts. He hadn't been on a quest in so long, did he still have it in him? Meanwhile, Danae was weirdly not anxious. Maybe it was because she didn't know what was coming or reality hadn't set in yet, but she wasn't nervous.

You want to know what did set in? The sheer panic she got when all of the kids in the Hermes Cabin woke her up by shouting out congratulations and being overexcited. At one point —after she had gotten herself ready for what the day had in store for her—, they crowd-surfed the girl out of the cabin, making several campers wonder why they were doing all of this at 8 AM in the goddamn morning.