𝗑𝗂𝗂. 𝗂𝗇 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝖼𝗁 𝗈𝗓 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗋𝖺𝗂 𝗈𝖻𝗅𝗂𝗍𝖾𝗋𝖺𝗍𝖾 𝗌𝗈𝗆𝖾 𝗓𝗈𝗆𝖻𝗂𝖾𝗌.

chapter twelve.
in which oz and rai obliterate
some zombies.

in which oz and rai obliterate some zombies

"So, I'll take the car to a mechanic." Haniya was listing off the points of their newly updated plan. "Meanwhile, you two and the dog are gonna go look for those trolls with the pegasi."

"Remind me why we're still doing this." Rai butted in while scratching Laelaps' chin.

"Because of the pegasi, bro!" Oz shuffled so he could look at her in the backseat. "They should be frolicking in the air, not being ridden by Gaea's stupid army."

"Plus, it could make them abandon the idea of riding winged horses into battle." Haniya added as they drove through Brooklyn. They passed by your average deli that also serves as a sandwich shop, her stomach grumbling at the sight. "Do we have any dollars?"

"We've got enough." Ozzie looked behind them. "You hungry?"

"A little." Her stomach, on the other hand, made noises that would suggest she was a bit more than a little hungry.

"Can we get Wendy's, then? I have a craving for spicy nuggets." said Rai as she played with the golden pup's ears.

"Ooo, they've good sandwiches..." The boy slid in his seat, thinking of food. "But we can't be thinking of food while fighting monsters."

"You could think they're the food and you're hunting them down?" The poor attempt at a joke Haniya made had the other two wondering what was up with her.

"Yeah, because I would totally eat a grilled giant sandwich."

"Oh, shut up, you know what I meant."

The car pulled into what looked like your average mechanical shop. As soon as one car door was open, the smell of gasoline and oil leaked into the car, making Rai scrunch her nose. Haniya embraced the strong fumes, used to it from Bunker Nine and the strongholds under her cabin.

The men there were more than happy to see two teenage girls hop out of the car. It made for easier prey to trick into paying for higher prices. That was until Oz hopped out of the car, the Ares side of him making its presence known by overall scaring them off. Of course, they couldn't possibly know that Haniya was the true, unbeatable expert.

"Come on, boy." Miller smiled as Laelaps, the golden hunting dog, jumped out of the car.

"Just a bunch of teenage rebels, ay?" One of the mechanics said, in Spanish, instilling a few cackles and bouts of laughter from his co-workers.

"Shut up, look at their car and think first." Another man, who seemed like he was in charge, responded in the same language. "What can we do for you, kids?"

"I want you to help me on getting her," started Haniya, putting her hand on the hood of the Ford, "functional enough to last us at least up to the Canada border."