Chapter 2

*a month later*

Hiccup, wearing his disguise (the armor from the second movie, minus the flight suit) rides Toothless as he weaves through some sea stacks. They fly over the volcano of the Nest and dive in. Once desolate and fear-inducing, it's now a paradise, with places to store fish, wood, dragons of all kinds living together in almost harmony, and even some farms. And no, they didn't steal the livestock or crops. They found an uninhabited island where it all grew wild. They fly through the various tunnels inside the Nest, some looking new before landing in a cavern with a bed and desk, both carved extensions of the wall. Hiccup removes his helmet. "That's gotta be a new record bud." Toothless looks prideful when a Terror flies in, looking frazzled. "What is it Snuff?" Snuff shoots fire at the stone floor and uses his tail to draw in the soot. "Someone's house was on fire?" Snuff nods and draws something else. "They're looking for what caused it?" Snuff nods again and Hiccup sighs. "Good work Snuff, I'll deal with this." He tosses Snuff a piece of jerky and puts his helmet back on while formulating a plan. "They'll need a boat, and I don't want to be seen too soon. I'll take a Scauldron, and Snuff. Wait here Toothless, I'll be right back. Come on Snuff." The small dragon follows his "chief" while Toothless heats up a stone in the corner of the room near Hiccup's bed for a nap.

Hiccup rides a Scauldron that's barely skimming the surface of the water while Snuff clings to his back. They steadily follow a Viking boat with the teens and Gobber in it, with Gobber looking like he's lecturing them. Hiccup shakes his head when they straight up crash into an island and wreck their boat. The Scauldron flies up onto the rocks above the teens while Gobber starts telling a story. Hiccup casually sketches in his waterproof notebook while Snuff plays with rocks. A rattling sound wakes Hiccup from his sketching daze and he looks over the rocks as a Boneknapper walks up behind Gobber and traps the Vikings in a rib cage. "A Boneknapper? Those are real? Guess Gobber isn't crazy after all. But what does it want?" He uses his latest invention, a spyglass to inspect the Boneknapper. A closer look reveals a hole in its armor. Looking at Gobber reveals his bone belt buckle in the perfect shape to fit it. "Oh." He looks at Snuff. "Take his belt buckle."

Reveling in the chance to cause mischief, Snuff races down the rocks and sneakily takes the belt buckle, unfortunately causing Gobber's pants to fall down. The Boneknapper changes its focus onto Snuff and chases him, bone armor rattling. Snuff gives Hiccup the belt buckle and he holds it up, causing the large dragon to stop in front of him. Hiccup places the bone on the Boneknapper's armor and is rewarded with an ear splitting roar. Hiccup nods, unfazed. "Impressive." He mounts the new dragon and writes a note in his sketchbook before ripping it out and letting it flutter over the rocks to the teens. He flies away on the new dragon, Snuff and the Scauldron following, as well as the several females the Boneknapper called.

When they near their destination, Hiccup opens his arms wide. "Welcome to the Nest, where we have everything a dragon could need. Sun, fish and some pretty decent caves if I do say so myself. I'll have to get the Gronkles to work on a new cave since you guys are so big, but for now you can stay on the beach." After landing, Hiccup returns to his room and writes in a large book with a Night Fury crest on it. His own Book Of Dragons. He adds a new entry for the Boneknappers and takes a nap on his bed.

When he wakes up, he quickly gets the Gronkles to work making a new cavern for the Boneknappers. Checking up on them reveals several eggs in a nest made of pebbles. "How, just, how?" The singular male Boneknapper of the group looks extremely pleased with himself.