1: Meeting the Metkayina

A/N: I will start experimenting with some art/comics style because I seriously want to learn to be able to portray my thoughts and my story. I hope you all enjoy it! <3

A/N 2: Small edits made - 20/01/2023

=============================================

Ni'ra didn't know how long they had been flying. She was exhausted, so much that she could feel her eyes closing. A whistle managed to bring her to her senses and she turned to see her worried brothers. Patting her heart, she showed them that she was fine, and they needn't worry.

Soon they approached Awa'atlu, the seat of Metkayina, under the leadership of Tonowari and Ronal.

Ni'ra assumed that Olo'eyktan Tonowari would be good to allow her family to reside in the settlement.

Tsahìk Ronal on the other hand...

Once they landed with their ikrans, the Sully family was instantly surrounded by na'vi. Ni'ra was amazed at how similar yet different they were. The tails, the hands, the face, the ears...

"Is that even a tail? How do they swim?" Grinned one.

"Look at their hands. They're so weak." Whispered another.

So many comments, Ni'ra felt her head start to hurt.

As her parents were sorting out the clan leaders, she felt someone's eyes on her. She moved closer to her brothers, as she wasn't fond of prying eyes. Out of the corner of her vision, Ni'ra could see one of the Metkayina boys watching her. He looked to be their age, with his blue eyes and much sturdier build. Maybe he was an idea taller than her. It was obvious by the way he walked that he wanted to show authority. Not like the rest of the clan. Ni'r was sure he was more than just an ordinary boy.

"What have you come to us for?" She heard Tonowari's words

"I'm looking for a sanctuary for my family." Her father replied.

"Uturu?" Ronal asked, as if shocked by his request, though there was absolutely no emotion in her face.

The remaining words remained a blur in the young Omatikaya's mind as she suddenly came face to face with Ronal. She began to 'examine' her, which made Ni'ra feel extremely uncomfortable. She started examining her hands, her fingers, her tail, and her queue and humphed when she saw the Omatikaya's eyebrows, even though she was still in her ikran riding gear.

Ni'ra had taken on most of her mother's features. 4 fingers, facial features. Interestingly though, unlike her twin, she had eyebrows. She didn't mind them. She was even amused. She had learned from the humans she talked to how to wiggle them.

Ronal continued to examine the others, leaving the eldest daughter of the Sullys some time to rest. She locked her eyes for a few seconds with the mysterious boy, until the Tsahìk's voice brought her back to reality.

"They have demon blood!" Ronal yelled, showing all Metkayina the 5 fingers Lo'ak and Kiri had.

Ni'ra hissed at Ronal, baring her teeth. No one disrespected her brothers or sisters. Be it a Tsahìk or not. Before she could react, the Metkayina woman was interrupted by Jake Sully and Neytiri, who somehow, afterward, managed to persuade them to allow the family to stay in the village. Naturally, Ni'ra's ostentation against Ronal did not go unnoticed by that one specific individual.

Shortly thereafter, the family was introduced to the two children of the chief of the Metkayina clan - Tsireya and Ao'nung. Ni'ra was sure that this boy was more, just his gait and the way he acted gave it away. Though to Ni'ra, it was rather show-off and ugly. But what did she know?

 But what did she know?

"This is just great." Ni'ra joked, looking past her shoulder to look at her brothers.

"I have a feeling we're definitely going to need a lot of time to gain the trust of the residents here." Neteyam said. 

Lo'ak was awkwardly trying to impress the daughter of the Olo'eyktan by showing his respect to every person there, though no one reflected it, not even the girl at this point. Ni'ra hummed and laughed, poking Lo'ak's forehead. 

"Stop it,  you're just making yourself look hopeless and dumb." She told him, patting his shoulder. 

After the little exploration tour from Tsireya, she showed the Sully their new home. Ni'ra was so exhausted that she immediately plopped herself on the floor, grunting and trying to calm her raising emotions from today. However, a pair of particular blue eyes were not able to leave her thoughts at all. 

As if they haunted her. 

Eywa give her strength because if Ao'nung was trying to show off how much more he was than Ni'ra, she would personally tear his eyes out. Waking up in the middle of the night, Ni'ra walked out of the pod, so she doesn't wake up her family, and sighed in amazement when she saw the reef. The bioluminescent colors were at their peak, and she stared in awe. 

"I hope that fate will provide us with peace at last." She whispered enough for her to hear.