Prologue

(No hate on Colin Jost or Emily Blunt, it's just for the story)

Y/N Fisher is known for his role as Jim Halpert in 'The Office' and his relationship with ex-wife Emily Blunt. Y/N had a feeling Emily has been cheating on him which led to their divorce three years ago. 

Y/N decided to confront Emily after she got back late from the set. He knew she has been cheating but he wants her to admit it.

"Hi babe." She says walking over to him leaning in to kiss his cheek but he moves away.

"What's wrong baby?" 

"Are you cheating on me?"

"How could you ask me that?"

"You've been coming home late when you finished filming two hours earlier than you walk through that door. You smell like another man because I do not wear that cologne or deodorant. You have been hiding your phone so I need to know."

"Babe-"

"Don't. Just tell me please." He asks tearing up.

"Y/N-"

"Emily please don't make this harder than it is."

"I'm sorry." She puts her hands on his cheeks tearing up herself. 

Emily really loves Y/N with all her heart but their relationship had taken a turn for her when he spent a lot of time out with his friends. 

"Why did you do it? I thought you loved me?"

"Oh Y/N, I do love you. I just...I got scared when you kept going out with Jim, Howard and Eddie. I thought you might cheat because of my ex he did so I did it so I wouldn't be hurt if you did."

"I'm not him Emily, I never cheated on you. I loved you."

"I know you didn't we can...... Did you say loved?" 

"I want a divorce...."

"No Y/N we can work on it......Please?"

"I can't trust you or love you now. I'll pack my things and I will leave in the morning."

She hugs him crying into his chest and he wraps his arms around her crying himself. Two years of marriage and four years of dating was thrown over away over an assumption. 

Y/N and Emily divorced two months after that, neither of them hated each other and it was a friendly settlement. Emily got the house and Y/N got his grandmother's ring back. He didn't want to live in a house she had slept with another man in. 

Y/N got his own place and three years later he is living his best life. He is currently sitting on his couch with Jim, Howard and Eddie. His phone starts ringing so he leaves the room heading to his bedroom as he answers the phone.

"Hey, Y/N Fisher?" 

"Yes that's me who's this?"

"It's Kevin Feige. I have an offer for you."