The Decision

"I think I'm going to work on my marriage."

"Robbie and I will look after Y/N then, you can tell me everything I need to know."

Scarlett tells Lizzie everything she needs to know about taking care of Y/N. They agree that Lizzie and Robbie will start tomorrow morning. Y/N wakes up yawning and smiles at Scarlett.

"Hi."

"Hey."

"Can we go home now?" Scarlett's heart shatters when he says home, does he think it's their home?

"Sure."

Scarlett helps him into the wheelchair and wheels him towards the door.

"Bye Lizzie."

"Bye Y/N. See you tomorrow for physio."

They help him down the steps and Scarlett helps him into the car. When she gets in herself Y/N looks at her confused.

"What did Lizzie mean by see you tomorrow for physio?"

"Can we talk about this when we got back to the house?"

"Home and no I wanna talk about it now. What did she mean?" She feels her heart breaking more every word he says.

"I'm moving back in with Colin."

"What about me?"

"Lizzie and Robbie are going to help."

"So that's it, you're giving up on me?"

"I'm not giving up on you Y/N. I just want to work on my marriage and I can't do that with you."

Y/N scoffs and looks out the window. 

"Y/N?"

"Come on Y/N, talk to me?"

He continues to ignore her every time she calls his name so they spend the rest of the drive in silence. 

When they get home, she helps him into the chair wheeling him inside and into the bedroom. She helps him onto the bed and looks at him but he just looks away.

"You can wait outside, I'll call you if I need anything."

"Y/N don't be like this."

"I just want to be alone, please." She hears the break in his voice as he looks at her with teary eyes.

She leaves the room and Y/N starts to cry. He had finally started to trust someone again, he had finally started to let someone in but it has just been stripped away from him. 

Scarlett listens to his cries knowing she is the reason for it. As much as she wants to give into him and be with him, she is with Colin and their marriage can still be fixed but they both need to put the effort in. She has been too focused on Y/N so now it's time to focus on herself and her marriage. 

After an hour the crying stops, Scarlett peaks into the room seeing him asleep cuddled with the hoodie she left on the bed this morning. 

That night she gets into bed beside him, Y/N hadn't woken up yet which worried her but he is still breathing. 

During the night she is awoken by a thud looking onto the floor she sees Y/N. 

"Y/N? What are you doing?"

Y/N starts dragging himself towards the bathroom. Scarlett climbs out of bed and tries to help him up but he pulls away.

"Don't touch me. I don't need your help."

"Yes you do."

"Then why won't you stay?" 

"I have to fix my marriage."