Bad News

"Okay girls here they come. Get ready." Alexis says as she and the others surprise Gru and Lucy as they come inside.

"Aloha!" The group shouts.

"This is unexpected." Gru says.

"Welcome back. We thought we'd set up a little surprise for you both." Alexis says.

"Well you never got to go on a honeyoon so..." Margo says.

"We made you dinner!" Edith shouts as the group shows Gru and Lucy the dinner.

"It's a luau! We got pineapples and coconuts and ukeleles! The soup of the day. Madame and monsieur. The gummy bears were my idea." Agnes says happily.

"Mmm! Looks too good to even eat. Am I right?" Gru says as he looks at the soup.

"But I made it for you." Agnes says sadly.

"Oh. Mm! Mmm, mmm, mmm! Good soup! I love the combination... of gummy bears and meat." Gru says as he and Lucy take bites of the soup.

"I'm gonna hold it in my mouth. 'Cause it's so good, I don't want to swallow it." Lucy says.

"So, how was work?" Margo asks.

"Ooh did you take that guy down? Did anything explode?" Edith asks excitedly.

"Well actually today Lucy and I were invited to not work at the AVL anymore." Gru says sadly.

"Wait what? You guys got fired?" Alexis asks worriedly.

"But don't worry. I'm sure we'll get new jobs real soon. Even better ones." Lucy says reassuringly.

"What's better than being supercool secret agents?" Edith asks.

"Ooh I know! You could gamble online! That's what Katie's dad does." Agnes says.

"Okay. We will definitely look into that. That's a good suggestion. And let's not go over to Katie's house anymore. Hmm?" Gru asks as he sees his phone is ringing.

*Timeskip*

"Thanks again for babysitting the girls Alexis. They really love having you as their aunt." Lucy says as after she and Alexis put the girls to bed.

"No problem little sister. What's wrong?" Alexis asks as she looks at Lucy.

"I guess I'm still nervous about being their mom. It's so new to me. You're not their mom and how to act with them comes so easily for you." Lucy says.

"Don't worry Lucy. You'll get the hang of it. Just give it time. I'm gonna go to bed. It looks like you and Gru have things to discuss." Alexis says.

"Goodnight Alexis." Lucy says as Alexis leaves.