CHAPTER 1

The war was over and he had done it, he had finally gained the respect of the village a dream he has had for as long as he remembers. There is even talk about how he would make a great Hokage someday, another if not the most important dream he has set out for himself. Hinata watched him from a far, as he walked through the village, he was greeted by everyone with a smile and a friendly face, this is in great contrast to how thing was not so many years ago. Naruto, Naruto who has always been a source of inspiration for the Byakugan user, he gave her hope and a reason to get stronger without even knowing it. The same Naruto who saw her as nothing but a friend, or maybe a friend of a friend, yeah that seemed more appropriate.

"Onii-chan" her thoughts were interrupted by her younger sister Hanabi, who is currently tugging on her arm to get her attention from the boy, no he was a man now that had always held her heart.

"Yes Hanabi" she looked at her younger sister's pouting face and couldn't help but smile. Hanabi who at the moment could no longer be called a chid but a strong young woman and the future leader of the clan was currently acting like five years old.

"Onii- chan stop drooling over Naruto and look and listen to what I am saying", her sister stressed as she continued to pout. Hinata's face grew bright red at her sister's words and she got ready to scold her but didn't as she was only speaking the truth.

"Hanabi not so loud, someone might hear you"

'Eeh" he sister smirked, "so you no longer deny that you drool every time you see him", she placed her hand on her chin and looked as if she were in deep thought. Hinata sighed as she waited for her dramatic sister to finish her little show. "Ha-ha! I will dub this chapter as 'Progress! The day Onii- chan started to accept her drooling habits. Hinata couldn't hold back the giggle that came from her lips as she watched her sister play out performance and add to her "book" she so sweetly called 'From Friend to Lover-How my Sister got Her Man'. Deciding to go along with the drama she placed her hand on her forehead and made as if to faint and said "yes Hanabi I have come to the realization that it makes no sense to deny what we knew all along". They looked at each other for a few seconds and then burst out in laughter. When it came to her sister and those closets to her Hinata had a confidence that you not expect. Its only with those she was not comfortable with and of course Naruto that she turned into a shy stammering shell of herself. Oh, how she wished she could display this confidence with him and may confess her feelings. She sighed again as she remembered that these same feelings are what got her in this mess in the first place. 

Author's Notes: Thoughts, comments, let me know what you are thinking!