The beginning

Today is just a normal day. I wake up, check social media on my phone, and get dressed. I put on a sky blue hoodie over a Fortnite shirt with some black and magenta leggings. I tie up my long, purplish - red hair and go downstairs for breakfast. My parents are still asleep, while my 2 younger sisters are awake, making cornflakes in the kitchen. I'm the eldest, so I'm in charge of taking care of them.
"Morning." I say to them in a happy tone. My youngest sister, Lacey, smiles softly before continuing to pour cornflakes into her pink bowl. The second youngest, Milly, is with the dogs. A staffy, a chihuahua, and a cross breed. Milly is stroking them gently. I eat my cornflakes, then go back upstairs.

I go into my bedroom. It is a small space with vibrant, orange walls, my TV, my PlayStation, and Fortnite related decorations. I am obsessed with Fortnite: I play it almost every day. Today is a Saturday, so there is no school, and I get extra gaming time. I turn on my PlayStation 5 and wait for it to load. I grab my lightning-patterned gaming controller and connect it. I move the cursor towards Fortnite and press X. There, the games image appears on screen. A floating island in the abyss of space, with several skins staring down at it. Chapter 4 is fun, but I prefer the OG days of chapter 1. Back then, the game was just about having fun. Nobody was overly good at the game, and it didn't matter about winning. These days, there are too many sweaty players and try hards. That's why I stick to zero builds.

When the game logs in, I check my friends list to see who is online that I could potentially play with. I'm the only person online. The item shop sucks; there are not any decent skins. I ready up, and the skin I'm using is Cuddle Team Leader. As I load into the pre-game lobby, I look at who's around. I see a Midas. That skin's golden touch feature is unique. Then I see a Ramirez, one of the defaults. The final skin I see is a Drift, a skin which is said to come from Earth, but I don't believe it. Fortnite is a game. Nobody can go in or out of the loop. It is just something Epic Games is doing to give the game lore.

As I finally load up onto the battle bus, I look for a place to drop. Anvil Square. I drop out of the battle bus and land. I search the chests and collect some weapons. The storm comes, but I outrun it. People shoot at me, I eliminate them. The circle gets smaller and smaller, dragging me closer and closer to the final people. 5 players remaining. I need to get the Victory Royale. 3 of the remaining players get eliminated. It's just me and the final player. I see her. A Renegade raider with one of those overpowered shockwave hammers. I shoot at her with my scar, she bounces towards me, we battle it out and...
My TV freezes.
"Oh, come on!" I shout. The TV starts glitching strangely. Is it broken? I stand up from my bed and walk closer to the TV. Something's not right. I place my hand on the screen, BOOM! A strange pulse goes through my body: everything feels numb. The last thing I see is the Fortnite island on the TV. Then... black.