Chapter Two

Elise's P.O.V

"I'm dying to know that the two are talking about", whined Sidney skating my way stopping when she reached the net.

"Be my guest" I told her, pointing my hand where Skylar and the boy stood. Even though being half the rink down, I could see Skylar fuming. You could call her your ice princess, cold. But never did she really yell. It wasn't her thing. She'd give you the cold shoulder and that was worse.

"I am going. Coming?" Sidney asked.

"Nope, I'm staying here." I smiled at her taking a drink of water.

"Party pooper" she mumbled skating away. I chuckled and turned to put my bottle on top of my net. By the time I turned around, Sidney had made it beside Skylar, and now the two stood awkwardly beside the boy.

Skylar was shaking her head furiously from left and right, most likely disagreeing with whatever was going on. Sidney, on the other hand, was pushing Skylar out of the way making her own conversation with the boy.

He stood tall and lean, maybe 5'll, chocolate brown hair, with a cloth around his nose and that was all I could make out from where I stood.

I continued to stare at them wondering what they were talking about, but made no effort to move and find out.

Don't blame me; blame the equipment that weighs a ton.

Imagine dropping down into a butterfly, basically doing splits, moving yourself from one edge of the net to the other with equipment pushing you down every second. That's hard; did I mention that I'm on blades? There's no such thing as walking in this equipment, there's waddling though. Like a penguin. Waddle, waddle.

It's not even elegant at all.

No matter how much I complain I'll never stop playing. It's what I love to do. I'd kill if it meant that I would play for the rest of my life. To put it in better words, it is my life.

I heard Sidney yell in joy and my curiosity increased a whole notch.

Sidney skipped my way in joy and Skylar trailed behind her slowly.

"We're having a 3 on 3 with the boys! Whoever scores first wins! "Sidney jumped in joy.

"Sidney if we lose we won't hear an end to it! How long are we going to last before we get our asses kicked? 3 minutes maybe 5?" Skylar whined.

"Who said we'd lose, Skylar? No one right? So don't worry, we got this. Now let's get going! " I insured her and stepped into the net.

Sidney, Skylar and Macy took the centre line waiting for the boys to come.

3 on 3 with me in net, I'll just hold my end strong.

We have a strong chance

Well, maybe we don't have a chance. They did have Malcolm Subban.

Maybe, we really don't have a chance!

"Don't doubt yourself, Elise." I told myself.

Three boys stepped out from the bench, paying close attention I made out the faces; Ryan Strome, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, and Scott Harrington

Scott Harrington.

Sometimes there's something that triggers bad memories. A song, a movie, a place, just about anything that makes you remember something you wished to stay away from.

For me it was that name. That face. That smile. Those eyes.

Scott Harrington brought out the worse in me.