Chapter Three

Chapter 3

Sidneys P.O.V 

Written by RyanSquared 

"Andrei Marakov has taken his chance to be the starting goalie for Russia in the WJC this year." I was barely listening to TSN due to the fact the Mortal Instruments: City of Bones story had my full out attention.

Just something about the fight Skylar got into with the boys' would not leave my mind. Ryan Strome is branded for a cocky player in the Woman Team Canada locker room. Everyone hated him the most, but really the one I cannot stand is the lucky captain Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. He was confident and not cocky but the type that thought any girl could be on his arm. I also happened to hear that he went out with a teammate’s sister when he was dating a girl named Breanne. She made the brightest decision of her life to dump him right after trusting the news she had received.

 "Can you turn the TV down?" Elise snaps with her hands on her hips, I hate Elise’s know it all look she gives me. 

"Yes mother, would you also like me to wash the dishes, take the trash out, water the ice?" I talked back earning a middle finger and perky smile. It was rare the two of us fought I have to blame Harrington for pissing her off.

"Shut up and do what she says." That makes Skylar and Elise both grumps and  bitches. 

I rolled my eyes and turned the TV off. The two left my room chatting away like the annoying crows in the morning that somehow turned into my alarm clock this year.

I insisted myself to full blast my music to make the two even more annoyed.

Doing so, Holiday by Green Day played, shaking every trophy and metal that I got from Hockey, Gymnastics, and soccer.

  Hockey was the first sport I had ever played and I began it when I was born and I mean it, once I was out of the hospital dad took me straight to the pond.  Then I decided to play soccer and gymnastic as well when I was 6 for my mom. It was my dad’s one and only wish, to play in the NHL for the Edmonton Oilers. Sadly my older brother, Jordan, took on baseball and that crushed my dad’s dreams. I then made the decision to quit soccer and gym to follow his dreams while my younger brother Keegan could build himself to be a player for dad as well.

"FOR CRYING OUT LOUD SID!" I hadn't realized Skylar storming into my room, turning the stereo off, and finally lecturing me. I nodded my head and continued to listen to her rant about Strome which if you haven't noticed, it’s nothing related to what I did.

See what I have to put up with.

I repeated my classic move and rolled my eyes," Sky give it a rest." I shut my book and jumped off my bed.

"You wouldn't know what it’s like to be..." And that was my tuning out call. 

Don't get me wrong, I love the girls but when people tick them off it ticks me off because they hold grudges and I have to hear all about it.

A loud ring catches the next word ready to leak from Skylar. I jumped for the phone before I missed it, my only chance to ignore her.

"Bonjour," It was a habit of me to greet someone on the phone in a different language.

"Hello is this Sidney Ryerson?"I looked down at the caller I.D.

Team Canada Headquarters…

"Depends is this Wayne Gretzky or Steve Yzerman?" You never know when they phone to ask for me.

"No this is Steve Spot, coach of U-20 men’s team."

I felt the excitement leave me," Before you get mad, Strome needed a nose job. Did you see how crooked it was before?" I did my best to defend Skylar, she’s too innocent for jail if you ask me.

Spot cleared his throat awkwardly before speaking." Mr. Mike Watson is asking if  you can be down at the arena in 30 minutes?"

"Sir you're asking a girl that."

"Sorry I meant you and your two friends. At least be here in an hour." I looked over at Skylar who was waiting impatiently to know who it was.

"Better be worth our time." With that I hung up before he spoke another peep.

"Steve Spot said Mike Watson wants us at the arena. Don't ask why, let’s just get moving." I told the two since Elise came in once I hung up. They moaned and groaned while leaving my room. 

................

I wore a red ruffle top with a tight black dress skirt that ended at mid-thigh. I had red stilettos and my hair down with my dark brown curled at the ends.

Skylar and Elise were the ones more nervous than I was. 

"Relax guys," I assured them,"they won't be mad at you guys and if they are I'll back you up." I nodded my head and gave a childish grin to the two.

We entered the arena looking around for the Team Canada Headquarters.

"There it is." Elise pointed to the obvious door in front of me. I entered first ringing the bell from the door.

"Uh, hi...We were called here by Steve Spot and Mike Watson-"

"Elise, Sidney, and Skylar." She announced annoyed, "right this way."

The three of us pushed each other to go first but in the end Elise was the one in charge of opening the door.

"He'll call you in 5 minutes," the receptionist said before vanishing.

"Well this is great, we have to wait." Skylar purposely spoke out loud before plopping back onto the couch. 

We heard a wolf whistle and laughter coming from a manly voice directed at the receptionist who replied with the flirty fingers. 

"Just tell coach about it maybe you can skip and show long legs there a few moves." That comment made all three of us stare at each other in disgust.

No wonder why...

I stand in front of Skylar and Elise to block the view of who it happened to be.

"And why the hell are you here?" Strome snaps at Skylar from behind my shoulder. My eyes shut, this isn't supposed to happen.

"I wish I could ask the same, wasn’t one nose job good or did you want to try the other style?" Strome moved past me to challenge Skylar while Elise went at it with Harrington. 

"So sweet thing," rolling my eyes I look at the pain in the ass captain Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.

"Just shut up the sound of your voice is annoying already and to top that I have to hear the bickering of our friends." I moved closer to Skylar and Elise trying to calm the heated conversation. I rubbed my temples trying to catch on to what they were yelling at each other’s.

"What are you doing here?" I rudely asked Strome who smirked at me.

"Coach called us now what about you?"

Just before I could answer someone else interrupted me, “Good you 6 in here."

Either Mr. Spot and Mr. Watson wanted themselves dead or wanted himself dead because this isn't going to be good...