Chapter Five

SKYLAR P.O.V

The odds of being in a plan crash are one per 1.2 million flights, and the odds of dying in a plane crash are 1 in 11 million. The chances of dying were slim,but that didn’t stop me from assuming that I was in the one unfortunate plane.  The odds might be small, but they’re there.

 I sat in the plane with my eyes shut tight and my sweaty palms grasping on to Ireland’s baby bag like my life depended on it.

  Of course it wasn’t my first time on a plane, but the fear never subsided. With it being Ireland’s first time on an airplane at the age of 10 months, I was terrified.

 I knew Ryan snooped into my house the day he drove me home to find me with Ireland.  It wasn’t hard to notice how he was avoiding me during the last two team practices and those occasional glares were hard not notice.

 He might as well have branded me with the “honorary” title of whore. He could make all the assumptions about me but I still felt I owed him my point of view.

 We were riding in the plane with the rest of the team and soon the plane started to fill in with more bodies and the louder it got.

 I winced as Ireland stirred out of her sleep and began to weep quietly. The boys in the plane slowly turned around to look at me. I left them staring at me as I quickly patted her head in attempts to put her back to sleep. 

But of course that failed.

 Ireland's opened her blue orbs wide and stared all around herself in wonder. She looked confused and I laughed. When she saw everyone around she stared crying again.

 Not entirely fond of people.

 I unbuckled her baby seat and slowly lifted her small body into my lap. Once close to me, she snuggled her face into my arm and her crying came to abrupt stop.  

 “Ireland!” Sidney and Elise shrieked as the came next to me.

 Ireland stirred out of my armpit to see who was calling for her. When her eyes landed on the girls she smiled her adorable smile. Ireland laughed happily and stretched out for the girls to carry her.

 Sidney took her into her arm. “How’s the princess?” she cooed and Ireland laughed again reaching for Sidney’s hair.

 “Oh no you don’t now.” Sidney warned Ireland uncoiling her hair out of Ireland's small fists. Recently, she picked up the habit of pulling everyone’s hair.

 Sidney and Elise continued playing with Ireland and I reached into my handbag for her baby food.

 I pulled the glass container out and my butterfingers suddenly let the container slip through my fingers and it rolled down the plane aisle. Sighing, I got up to retrieve it.

 “ I’ll be back,” I whispered to Sidney and Elise and they nodded.

 I saw Ireland's baby food half way down the aisle lying on its side.  Slowly, I made my way down. Although the plane wasn’t even in the air, my phobia didn’t rest.

 I got to the container, brushing a strand of my hair behind my ear and bent down to pick it up. As I went to reach for it a masculine hand meet mine and I jerked it slightly hand and let him pick it up.

 I looked over to see Strome on the seat.

 I bit my lip.

“ Here you-” he started but once he saw my face quickly mumbled a small ‘oh’ and trusted Ireland's baby food roughly into my hand.

“ Thank you,” I mumbled embarrassed, not willing to meet his eyes.

He didn’t respond and I placed my hand on my knees preparing to get up. I straightened out and a hand grabbed my wrist before I could start walking.