Chapter Two

After a quiet, awkward tour around the museum Joshua said he would take me to my office. We walked down the hall and he opened the door to a big room with two desks and books everywhere. There are so many pieces of art in my office. I love it.

"So you like it?" Josh laughed

I gave him a smile and nodded. I guess he can see how happy I am. I started walking around the office and Joshua sat down in a chair that was next to one of the desks.

"Why are there two desks in here?" I asked

"You share an office with Jacob." Josh said looking down

What's that about? Does he know Jacob? I walked towards him and pulled up a chair to sit next to him. He smiled as I sat down next to him.

"Who's Jacob?" I asked

"He works here. He's a - a friend of mine, kinda." Josh mumbled the past part

I just nodded and took a deep breath. I want to ask him why he never called Riley or I. I want to tell him that he was a jerk and I that I wanted him to call me while he was away. I was about to ask him when the door to my office opened and a guy came in. He has black hair and brown eyes and he has tattoos on his arms. I looked over to Josh to see him tense up.

"Hey Josh! What's up?" the guy said bro hugging Josh

"Hey Jacob." Josh mumbled

So that's Jacob. I stood up from my chair and walked up behind Joshua. I smiled at Jacob and he smiled back. He looked me up and down, staring at my body, making me feel uncomfortable. I stood closer to Josh.

"You must be Maya." Jacob smiled

"Yea." I said

"Well, Josh didn't tell me you were so hot when he said that you were coming here." Jacob smirked

Joshua turned to me, looking scared. Why? I looked at him and got why he looks so worried. How did Joshua know I was coming to work here? Who told him? How did he find out? How come I didn't know he worked here? I smiled at Jacob and then left the room, not wanting to talk to Josh again.

I walked out into the hallway and pulled out my phone. I am so angry. Why would someone tell Joshua that I was coming to work here? I didn't want him to know. I didn't even want to talk to him if I did see him again.

"Maya!" Josh said coming out of my office

I rolled my eyes and started to walk further down the hall. I could hear him coming after me, but I didn't turn around.

"Maya, I'm sorry I didn't call you." Josh said

I stopped. Did he just apologize? I slowly started to turn around. Joshua is standing in front of me looking sad.

"What?" I asked

"I'm sorry I didn't try to call you or Riley while I was gone and I'm sorry I didn't pick up when you called." Josh said

I looked down at my shoes. I want to forgive him, but that's not the only reason I'm mad right now. I looked back up and him and he gave me a faint smile.

"Josh, why didn't you call me?" I asked

"I-"

"Joshie!" a girl yelled running over to Josh and I

Josh groaned and turned around to the girl with the red hair. She's pretty, but she's dressed like a stripper and her red hair is totally fake. I grimaced at her fake ness.

"Hey, Sadie." Josh said

"Joshie, Jacob said that he needs Maya to help him with some photos." Sadie said

She looked over to me and I smiled at her but she rolled her eyes at me and started staring again at Josh.

"Sadie, that's Maya, she's the new girl I was telling you about." Joshua said

"Hello, I'm Sadie Brooks." Sadie said with a fake smile

"Hi, I'm Maya Hart." I said with a wave

"Well, Maya, I'll walk you back to your office." Josh said

"Uh, ok." I said

"I'm coming too, Joshie!" Sadie said

We walked down the hallway and went into my office. I saw Jacob sitting at his desk with a bunch of photos out. He looked at me and gave me a big smile.

"Maya! I need your help!" Jacob said

He's cute.

"Okay." I giggled

I walked over to his desk to see a lot of pictures of flowers. I smiled at him as he stared at the different flowers.

"I need your help sorting these flowers out." he said smiling

"Okay how do I sort them?" I asked pulling up a chair to sit next to him

"You sort them by artist." He said

I nodded and started to sort out the flowers pictures. Josh came in and sat down in the chair next to me. I really don't feel like talking to him right now.

-

-

Maya's upset with Josh and she's confused on who told him. Jacob and Sadie Brooks.
XOXO,
C⃟E⃟C⃟E⃟