Chapter Five

Josh tried to grab my arm again, but Jacob pushed him and he fell. Josh got up and was about to tackle Jacob, but I got in front of him.

"Maya, move." Josh commanded

"No." I said

"Maya." he warned

"I'm not moving." I said

He looked at me. I gave him a glare and he took a step back. Why is he so upset? He isn't jealous. Right?

"Maya, can I talk to you?" Josh asked calmly

I looked at Jacob, then back to Josh.

"Why can't you just say it here?" I asked

"Yea, I'm not letting Maya go anywhere with you." Jacob said pointing to Josh

Josh's face turned red with anger. He started taking big strides over to Jacob.

"Josh! Stop!" I shouted

Josh didn't listen. He shoved Jacob up against the wall and glared at him, ready to punch.

"Joshua Gabriel Matthews! Stop!" I yelled

I only use his full name when I'm really angry with him. He turned around suddenly looking scared. I walked up to him and looked him in the eyes.

"Don't you dare hurt him." I said

"But Maya-"

"No, Josh. If you want to talk to me you can, but don't hurt Jacob." I said

Josh released Jacob from his strong grip. Jacob ran over to me and stood by me. Josh looked upset by this. He's jealous. I walked over to him and stood up on my toes.

"Stop being jealous, Josh." I whispered in his ear

I looked at his face and he looked shocked but he gave me a little smirk. I looked at Josh and at Jacob and I left the room. I knew Josh wanted to talk to me. Josh came walking out of the office and walked over towards me. We both sat down on some chairs next to each other.

"I was not jealous." Josh said

"Yeah you were." I smirked

He sighed and I knew I was right. He looked at me and I looked straight ahead.

"Maya." he said

I looked at him.

"Yea." I said

"Are you and Jacob...."

"No. We aren't dating." I said

"Good." he mumbled

I smirked and he realized I heard him. He blushed and stood up.

"So, I'm helping you with that paper." Josh said

He started walking away. I stood up.

"I already have help!" I yelled

"I'm still helping!" He yelled back

I sighed and smiled at the thought of Josh helping me. I started working back to the office when I heard some noises coming from Josh and Sadie's office. I looked in through the window and I saw Sadie grabbing Josh shirt and trying to kiss him. I looked away and when I looked back, they were full on making out.

Huh. I guess I was making to much of a big deal out of him offering to help me. Obviously he rather be making out with his new girlfriend. I rolled my eyes at him and heard someone call my name.

"Maya! Maya!" She yelled

I turned around and saw Riley running towards me. I smiled and ran towards her. We hugged each other so tightly people were looking at us weird. We released the hug.

"Why are you sad? What happened? Was it my uncle?" Riley asked after seeing my face

"Go look in that window." I said pointing to the window

She walked over and gave me a questioning look before looking through the window. She came back to me and gave me a big hug.

"Maya! Are you ok?" She asked me

"Yea, I'm fine. He was just a childhood crush." I sighed

"Later, when we are planning Farkle's party, we're gonna have a giant tub of chocolate ice cream!" Riley said trying to cheer me up

"Thanks, Riles." I said

-

-

-

Awwww. Best friends. Josh and Sadie? What?!?!?!
XOXO,
C⃟E⃟C⃟E⃟