The Scientist

"Come. Eat. I'm sure you need it," he says knowingly and pats a chair.

"Y- Yoongi? What are you doing here? How did you get in?" In a daze I lower the vase and go to the chair he pulled out. He sits down next to me.

"What were you going to do with a vase?" at my shrug he continues his explanation, "I dropped off Jimin last night and may have watched him put the code in. He was supposed to let me in so we could talk but I ended up waiting for a long time. Here, open." He feeds me a piece of bacon on top of a pancake, "I hope Jimin took good care of you." I simultaneously snapped my neck to look at him and felt my cheeks burst into embarrassed flames.

"Hyung!" Jimin yells as he races down the stairs, "Mian! Sorry! I forgot." Skidding to a stop beside his chair and heavily breathing down on him before collapsing on him.

"Yah! Jiminie, how could you leave your hyung waiting?!" Mock offense rolling off of the elder, causing the younger to shrink on himself. Yoongi decides to give Jimin a break and gives him a gummy smile, "I understand why. Did you use protection?" But he notices the look Jimin is giving him and realizes he came off sounding like a jerk.

He quickly turns to me, "Not that I think you have anything, it's just standard for us to get our partners tested beforehand and, uh, we also don't want to have any accidents." He stops immediately because Jimin tells him to shut up. "Not that we wouldn't want that, it's just we aren't prepared and our contracts... I'm just going to stop talking."

Jimin berates Yoongi for being insensitive about such a topic around me and I can see the confusion on Yoongi's expression that he isn't understanding what Jimin is trying to tell him.

"It's ok, Jiminie," I say as I touch his shoulder to get his attention, "He is just being protective of you. Yoongi, we didn't use protection." Yoongi's eyes bulged out but before he can say anything, I stuff his mouth with bits of breakfast. "Let me address the two valid points you brought up. First, I am clean. I haven't had sex in almost two years and I've only had one sex partner. I got tested yearly. Jimin and I will be going to headquarters later this morning to get everything and everyone on the right pages. I have my medical records ready and I don't mind going through various tests. Your guys' health is very important."

He nods in understanding, "Second, you do recall I was married before and I have shared the reason why it did not last, right?" My question urging him to remember my marriage had not worked because of my fertility issues. It dawns on him and he hangs his head for a second before getting off the chair and kneeling by mine.

"Maggie, that was really crass of me on both parts, plus the way I and the group treated you-" I try to stop his apology, I can get where he is coming from. "No, I need to say this. I get why you left us and I'm honestly not mad but I am sad that me and my friends' actions hurt you. You didn't deserve that. I know we've only known each other for a couple of months but I do feel a connection to you and I know the others do too. But I'm not here to speak on their behalf, just mine."

'Savage as usual, Min Yoongi.'

"How you were treated by Sera was deplorable and I apologize for that. I want you to know I've stopped seeing her in that way and I've been debating if I should continue a friendship with her. She has really shown her true colors and I don't need that type of negativity in my life, nor should you have to deal with that."

"I know you are open to dating now and I would like you to consider me. And look, it doesn't bother me that you've had sex with Jimin, I wouldn't be bothered if you dated or had sex with all of the members. Just putting that out there."

I look at Jimin, and he nods at my questioning eyes, "I don't have a problem with it either."

"I've gone on a date with Chan. I'm not saying I'm ready for sex with everyone I date but I'm not limiting myself to you or Jimin. I've never had the chance to go out on dates and see different people. I want to explore what I can and that includes you, Yoongi, and you, Jimin." Looking at both of them, hoping they would understand where I'm coming from.