C H A P T E R F O U R

Next level Rich people sh*t

• •

Indi was at the bottom of the stairs and she heard her mom on the phone.

"Marty, I bought this house with the understanding that this money was gonna come through. I'm stating at a mortgage payment and utility bills. Marty, I am broke, ok? Please get me my money" Georgia said and looked out the window for a few seconds and saw a white bunny.

"I'm gonna have to resort to methods I don't wanna have to resort to" Georgia then hid something under magazines when she saw Ginny and Indi walk in not knowing Indi was listening to the conversation.

"Have I found Jesus? No. Son of a bitch is playing hard to get. Please take me off the list of people to call" Georgia said putting her phone down.

Ginny looked at her mom after closing the fridge door. "slutty top"

"got it at that shop you stole from. Waffle? Toasted 'em myself" Georgia said.

Ginny then handed Georgia a piece of paper.

"what's this?" Georgia asked taking the piece of paper from Ginny.

"sophomore sleepover. Welcome to Pleasantville" Ginny said.

"I guess if you've always had a Tempur-Pedic, the notion of a sleeping bag on a gym floor is charming," Georgia said.

"Mm. Ellen's running it. You can give her the money for my ticket" Ginny said.

"excuse men miss. You have a job" Georgia said.

"I start today after school. I don't have any money yet" Ginny said.

"how much is it?" Georgia asked.

"a hundred bucks," Indi said.

"to spend the night in a school you already go to?" Georgia asked.

"you moved us to this white, rich-ass town," Indi said.

"This is what they do here. These people are weird" Ginny added.

"totally weird," Georgia said.

"all night in the high school? Sounds like a waste of a Saturday" Ginny said.

"Mm-hmm"

Ginny then walked out of the house and Indi turned to Georgia and took out some money and handed it to her. Georgia looked at it and shook her head.

"take it mom I heard you on the phone," Indi said.

"Indi I'm not taking your money you worked for," Georgia said.

"mom stop being stubborn and take it," Indi said.

Georgia sighed and grabbed the money. "where did you even get this money from?"

"see you later mom," Indi said walking out of the house.

————

Indi was walking into school with her friends.

"you guys ready for the sophomore sleepover?" Summer asked.

Indi nodded. "I am, but as long as I stay far away from Ginny"

"We will definitely be doing that," Izzie said.

"Because if I'm near her and she comes up and starts shit I might have to punch her," Indi said.

Marcus then walked up to them. "you guys going to sophomore sleepover?"

"hell yes, we are," Samuel said.