Chapter 4

I went back home thinking about what Mrs Robin had said.

Who was that man she mentioned and what was his reason for harming Mr Robin?

I placed a call to Mr Bob to know more about the bullet.

When he told me that the bullet came from a hand pistol.

"I also found some finger prints and I am going to get the results today" I said

"That good miss Robertson, maybe we can get a lead from there" Mr bob said

"I'll call you when we get the results" I replied

"That's alright" Mr Bob said as he ended the call.

~*~
When we got the results from the finger prints, I was frustrated, why? Because when the results of the finger prints came out, we realized that the finger prints belonged to Mr Robin, he may have touched the bed while struggling and so his finger prints appeared at the bed side.

We are back to square one.

~*~
I decided to take the description that Mrs Robin gave me to get out first suspect, she said he had curly brown hair so I asked his relatives if they knew anyone who fit in that description and they told me about a man name Mr Neil Davis, apparently, he and Mr Robin had done some sort of business and they couldn't settle the money issues so I decided to go to his office to see him.

When I got there, I was told that he wasn't at work, that surprised me and I asked why.

"he's gone on vacation"

"Vacation?!" I asked surprised

"Yeah, he said he had to visit his family for some time so he hasn't been around" one of the employees said

"Since when has he been on this 'vacation'?" I asked

"For about a week now"

A week? but the crime just occurred recently about three days ago so how will this man go to Mr Robin's house to attack him when he's not even in town.

"Why exactly do you ask?" Another employee asked as she looked at me

"My name is Detective Ciara Robertson" I replied

"Mr Neil doesn't have any criminal records so what crime could he have committed?"

"Actually, I'm just trying to confirm an information we received about a certain case"

"Is it Mr Robin's case?" she asked

"Why do you ask?" I replied

"Maybe because Mr Neil and Mr Robin were not on good terms" she replied

"Okay Thank you for your time" I said to the employees as I walked out of the office

What a coincidence that Mr Neil was absent at the time of the crime or did he come back, commit the crime and go back? It's weird to think of but when it comes to murder, nothing is impossible.

~•~
I was able to get Mr Neil's number and I called him just to confirm what the employee had told us and he was right cause when I called Mr Neil to ask for his location, he told me that he wasn't in town.

I asked when he left town and he told me exactly what the employee said 'he went about a week ago'.

It was so confusing cause Mr Neil is our only suspect right now and there is no evidence against him.

Mr Neil is not completely off our suspect list but we can't hold him responsible for the murder so we just had to let it go and wait for other leads.