CHAPTER 1 - THE BOOK

I: THE BOOK

"What are we celebrating, again?"

A new day dawned in the Mushroom Kingdom, the peaceful place ruled by princess Peach, who lived in her castle in the capital of the kingdom, Toad Town. On that day, she decided to throw, in her castle, a party open to the public. She had not thrown any party for a while now, but this time, it was a special day.

"I think it's Toadsworth's 612th birthday."

So far, Peach was unwilling to throw parties, even though she always enjoyed them. The reason was that her kingdom was often attacked, and she was often kidnapped. Most of the time, it was Bowser, a giant turtle who is thirsty for power, in love with the princess, and king of his own army, who used to invade the Mushroom Kingdom. Peach was aware that one of his attacks could happen at any time, and she kept in mind that one of her previous parties finished in space, when Bowser had placed his own castle below Peach's, before kidnapping her inside her own bedroom.

But something had changed since the last attack. Bowser used to attack frequently; but now, it had been eight months since the last one. Eight months in which she cancelled a lot of parties before even planning them, due to paranoia. She eventually stopped the streak, thanks to the Mario brothers.

"Daisy, come on, it's his 61st..." Peach said in an exasperated tone.

The Mario Brothers were two, Mario and Luigi. They were close friends with Peach, especially the first one, and famous throughout the kingdom, as use they were the one defending the kingdom and Peach from Bowser or whoever trying to attack them. Mario was the most famous, but so was his brother.

Princess Daisy also helped organising the party. While Peach is shy and reserved, Daisy has a strong personality and is energetic, to the point of being called tomboy by her friends. She rules the kingdom of Sarasaland, a land close to the Mushroom Kingdom, and unlike Peach, she is spared by attacks - giving her no reason to stop having fun, and she harassed her friend for weeks to throw one.

"Where is Yoshi?" Mario whispered to his brother.

The four of them were at the party, inside Peach's room to be precise, to discuss and avoid getting bothered y the noisiness: because of music, chit-chat and children running around, it was very hard to have a conversation outside of Peach's room without screaming and gossips listening to their lives.

The beginning of the conversation was full of anecdotes about their recent lives, but the boys were getting bored. Daisy, because of her political obligations, could not see her friends as often as she would like to - if she was not a princess, she would be with them all the time. When she is there, conversations are quite lively, as she is talkative, especially with Peach.

"I think he's dancing."

But now, the conservation included only the princesses. Several minutes passed since they were excluded, because Peach and Daisy kept talking about their kingdoms, dresses, or jewellery. They were staying there out of respect for their friends.

"Oh, sorry, I think we went a bit on a princess talk." Peach told when she realised that the brothers were excluded.

"No worries, we were about to go see Yoshi." Mario quickly answered.

"Uh..." Luigi hesitated, but Mario gave him a nudge. "Oh, uh, yeah, we have something to tell him!"

Daisy raised an eyebrow. "Uh, well, okay, no problem, see you later." She figured out that they were looking for a way to leave, but she did not hold them back.