5

"Ethan, your eyes are pink.."

Ethan chuckles. "What do you mean? Are you trying to scare me?" Ethan asks.

They all look at each other, then look back at Ethan with a slow shake of the head. Ethan touches his face. He feels very tiny bumps.

"My acne can't be that bad..." He says. Rose shakes her head. "No, look." She pulls out a mirror. Ethan screams like a little girl seeing her worst nightmare.

"No, no, no, no! This can't be happening! I'm a KAIJU?!" He yelps. He suddenly backs away and grows fur. He's become a figs.

Rose's breath gets super heavy, and her eyes start watering. She is obviously stressed, so Azure puts her hand on Rose's shoulder. She calms down a bit. Finally, she manages to get words out. "What happened..? What did we do wrong?" She asks herself. Ace looks at her. "I don't know, but he's better, I guess."

They suddenly look at Ethan, who is whimpering and rolling on the floor back and forth. Azure sighs. She checks his pulse, and her eyes widen.

"His pulse," she stutters. "It's.. extremely high."

"How high?" Ace quaked.

"580 beats per minute.."

Ace runs over to him the second she finishes her sentence. He couldn't help but feel his chest. He nods. He scoops him up like a large dog and lays him down on his bed. He then tosses a teddy bear on the bed, along with a very soft blanket. It feels nice to have soft fur against a soft blanket.

"Get the anxiety medicine." Ace demands.

"He doesn't have anx-" Rose tries to say.

"Get it." Ace says sternly.

Rose shuffles her feet and darts to her medicine cabinet. Her fingers search through the right capsule and soon come across some benzodiazepine. She whispers anxiety medicine and grabs it faster than a child takes candy. She forgets to xlose the cabinet, but it doesn't matter because she needs to save her friend.

"This is the highest dose, not even safe, really." Rose mumbled, panting. "Perfect!" Ace remarks, taking the medicine out of her hands.

He feeds Ethan one pill with some water and makes him swallow. His panting stops, and he gets up. He is still on the bed but sitting, though. His eyes start to focus, and he calms down. The blue fur on him starts to shrink, and his 2nd horn, which is in the middle of the 3, dissapears. He still has 2 horns, pink eyes, and a bit of scales, though.

"Am I a monster?" Ethan finally manages to say.

"No! No! You are not a monster, Ethan! Just.. different, I suppose." Azure assures. She hugs Ethan, and he smiles.

"I just don't feel like myself anymore, I mean, I'm a kaiju.. Kind of?" Ethan expressed.

Azure nods. She soon comes up with an idea. Maybe him being partially a kaiju wasn't so bad after all.