I Think I'm Falling For You♥; Chapter 3

The picture on the side is the view from Alex's house. In case I wasn't clear, (which I know I wasn't because it was never mentioned, Alex lives on the ocean.  Josh lives behind her, and he has a huge field by his house. Josh's window can see Alex's window, so their backyards touch. Just clearing that up. In this chapter, Alex is sitting on her front porch, so 1) she can see the ocean and 2) Josh Can NOT see her. And for those who say I need more details, I tried here. Hope it's better!

***

The soft, gentle wind blew a piece my long, dark hair into my face. I carefully tucked the piece back behind my ear as the wind brushed against my face. I stared out into the horizon, which was colored pinks and yellows, as the large sun made its way down, disappearing behind the horizon, leaving only darkness. A few stars sparkled in the distant sky, as the sun faded away. Another breeze let my hair fall from behind my ears, but I just ignored it, letting it blow in the wind.

I tapped my nails lightly against the concrete steps, a smile resting on my face. In my head, I couldn't stop thinking about Josh, and how he had finally kissed me. I heard the screen door open behind me, but I didn't turn around. It bounced quietly against the door frame before closing and allowing itself to make a click.

"Hey," A gentle voice echoed in the distance.

"Hi," I mumbled, pushing my hair from my face when I turned to see who it was.

My mom was standing there, a smile on her face, but her eyes watery. She was a small woman, only 5'3 or so. Her hair, which was the lightest brown it could be before being considered blond, was curly, as usual.

"Hi, honey."

"Hi," I repeated my welcome.

She sat down on the concrete steps next to me.

"What's wrong?" I asked her when she wiped a tear from her eye.

"Your grandmother just passed away," She whispered.

"Grandma Marie?"

"No, honey. Grandma Kate."

"How's daddy doing?" I whispered.

I felt bad for my dad. He had always been super close to his mother, and now she was dead? That wasn't fair.

"He's doing OK. I mean, he's on the phone with Auntie Laura."

"Thanks for telling me, mom."

"Anytime, love."

I watched as my mom stood up, but I kept my eyes focused on the horizon as she walked inside. I could hear her footsteps as they faded away, and the screen door closed, after bouncing three times, and I heard the click.

I just stared out towards the beautiful, colored sky, but it soon became blurry. Tears formed in my eyes, blurring my vision, and a tear escaped. In ran down my cheek, and I wiped it away quickly. I noticed a figure approaching, and I couldn't tell who it was. It was a darkened outline that blended in well against the waves crashing against the shore.

I ignored the figure and continued to stare out into the ocean, the sun setting over the water. It got closer, and it's brown hair came into view. The beautiful eyes piercing through the tears, and that award-winning smile, just beaming at me.

"Hey Joshy," I mumbled.

He took a seat next to me and kicked off his blue flip flops. The sky was almost completely black by now, excluding the tiny little stars peaking through the infinite darkness. I rested my head on his shoulder, and he wrapped his arm around my lower back.