V (part 1)

05/05/05
The day my dad first hit my mom using his fist.

That day was the first time I ran away from home too.

Years later, dad got more abusive. Beating became his addiction.

Everyday, he would come home to vent his frustrations on mom while she could not do anything. He was too strong for her to fight against him. And I, hated it. Everyday, when I see how Mom fights back her tears as she tries to shout some sense into that bastard, I just feel like killing him. Well, of course, a bastard like him, would obviously not care a single bit about what mom was saying.

-
Lying on the floor of the playground, I stared into the sky.

"V, please come home now. Your dad is raging." Mom texted.

After reading that text,I immediately got up.

I was on the way home after receiving a text from mom when I heard screams.

Screams.

Screams that sounded like mom's.

My footsteps quickened as the screams got louder. Every scream felt like an arrow that pierced through my heart and I could feel my hands itching to give him a punch in the face. As I stood at the doorstep, the image of dad beating mom up was clear- how her white shirt turned red and how her face glistened in the light. I swung the door open and immediately took one of the beer bottle on the dining table. All I could feel was rage and hatred and as Mom screamed for the last time, I dashed towards him, raising my hand that was holding the bottle.

Today.

Today was the day I would bring mom somewhere far away. Far from that bastard.

One.
Two.
Three.

"V!!!!!!" Mom screamed.

"YOU BASTARD."

Using the bottle, I whacked his head as hard as I could as the hatred in me gave me the energy to do so. Streams of blood flowed down the sides of his head as he grabbed onto my shirt. The beer bottle broke, and the broken pieces fell to the floor, creating a harmony that made me feel a rush of adrenaline.

Making eye contact was unavoidable and as I looked into his eyes,the glare he gave said "I am your father" . Gripping onto the beer bottle neck even more tightly,I was ready for the best ending that was going to happen.

Breaking away from his grip,I stumbled. Standing at least a few cm away from him, I told myself:

I will end the years of pain that you have brought to us.