CH1-VI

"Are you kidding me?! This must be a joke right...." Alchemy cursed.

He was a wereblade, a warrior from a tribe whose solution was always a fight with sword. They are the most basic shifters of all and lived by even less rules than any other supers present, you could count them and thus saying much when you have shifter like werewolves and vampires within the mix. There rules were, fight right, eat right, serve right, rule right, keep women safe, men know what's best but women know better, the memory of the dead is sacred, respect each and every person as they are, and finally the strong always rule.

However, I understood his shock, I was not in glamour anymore. I fought the smile and waited for him to calm, but instead the rest started arguing then they turned to Andra and asked him what joke him was playing.

"Sit!" I ordered in a slightly stronger voice that my talking one to let them feel less of my power. It was a small emphasis but the fact that they were holding their temple and the body guards were struggling to remain standing shut them up and they bowed their head.

"It just a shock to realize we are actually being led by a child." he said. This were people I was going to spend a lot of time in future so it was only fair that I let them vent. I sighed and tried to sit up in an effort to appear regal and more presentable to address them. Immediately two were by my side to help me up and making me smile affectionately.

"I understand your disappointment in finding my age so I will let this pass. In the next one hour you are allowed to vent as much as you can. Say all the things you feel need to be said regarding me because after that another word I seem insulting will be the death of you." I said and though lightly, I meant every word.

It took less than thirty minutes for them to argue among themselves and explain h=the impossibility of my being accepted by the majority and how they could handle it. There was argument of whether my claim was valid and if they can have the seers see if a mistake had been made in the shift of power. There was argument of whether my parents should eb called back to explain the atrocities of letting me become the leaders. Some voiced how much unfortunate that I had been staying in the reserve by myself and it was at this point that they corrected, each other, joked and laughed at me but I was happy.

Happy to see them free and able to enjoy that moment. It felt right that this was how we began our journey and I think they all noticed because they stood and bowed then each went on their knee and gave me their support. It was perfect, I might not be at the same level to them in experience but me granting them that small freedom had earned their respect. It was the small things that really did matter.

"My liege, you have to get ready. We are to meet with some of the warriors that have been sent for your protection and as ambassadors tonight." Andra who by mutual choice seemed to be their spoke person said.

"Okay, is there a specific way you will want us to go about this?"

"We have already met sire. It's your turn now but we must present you in a way that would less likely create confusion. We have answered some of their questions but some you might need to do so yourself."

"I see, fine then I am guessing we are Keanira Hotel. Which means the council decided to go with the house of Keanira this year. Now would you explain to me why you are here Stren when you are the host?" I talked to the only Moon-Vampire in the council.

Stren was a moonshine vampire whose family owned a chain of hotels around the world. Born as a vampire, he was an excellent choice for the inner council. they were a type of vampire whose weakness was the moonshine stone which is ironic since the first vampire of their kind was born in a cave filled with crystals of the blue shining rock. They thrive best under the presence of the moon but their main feature is that they seem to have a halo during the full moon showing them as the chosen night children of the moon. They were lithe creatures with perfect sight that could see for miles at night but be blind as a bat at daytime. They were allergic to the sun but flourished at peak hours of the sunset, a time where most of their kind actually were born. In their kind, a child could grow over a foot tall overnight if born at sunset and full moon. When they got old, they grew black wings that they also hid with glamour. They loved forests and mountains which was why they were always at logger heads with the werewolves.

"You are far more important than my family's business and even so, the whole family is here tonight am sure they could do without me for a while." he said shyly.

He'd been forced to join the council with parents who wanted to achieve royalty status. At the time when he was chosen as a candidate for the council, there were many vampires vying for the ambassador, which was secretly used to groom the people who surrounded me, and if fortunate enough the inner council. His parents had used threats and bribery to get him to be the finalist and there was still rife in the vampire clans due to this despite the fact that many of the others had still found positions in the high council.

I looked around at all the inner council members around me. Most of them looked to be in their mid-thirties but I knew some could be thousands of years. I could feel my age indeed and thought they were far much better experienced in dealing with everything, it was no surprise that I would rely on them to provide excellent guidance. If I didn't have an advantage over them, I am sure they would make the best leaders.

However, I was the one born of free mind to hold the key to the existence of supernaturals in this plane, the bonds stretching in bright light even beyond the room was evident enough of my position. My essence carried the burden of all that created them and if by chance I died before another was born, they would all drop dead as the records said. Knowing that, none had ever tried to prove otherwise since the risk was too great to take. It was the main reason I understood why they resigned to their fate to let a child lead them.

I knew for a fact that the threat of death was true because I had since visions of pasts in different planes of existence where it had happened. I also held chords of their other side that was not human together so in a sense I was the pin holding the connection to all the wires running through their core. I remember how scared I was the first time I learnt this when I woke up and could see all these bright lines coming from me and leading in all directions beyond the space that was my room. It was the same night that I had seen one of the werewolves die giving birth in my sleep, and when I woke up, I could see her chord losing light and finally disappear. She was one of the main seers.

At first, I didn't understand what was going on until my tutor explained how once in a while I was going to see and feel these things. It would occur mostly if an innocent was involved which would be majorly children no older than five, a phenomenon that was luckily very rare in the supernatural world. Sometimes people older but that would be rare at best because their passing was a fulfillment of destiny. This was a part of me that I couldn't change even if I wanted. I could make it invisible and lock myself for days after an incident and I had shut myself in my room shaking and crying the first time, but it was my purpose.

I had even wet the bed out of fear before, Ladila had found the truth only when she had come to scolded me for running away from training. She did not say a word but cleaned my room herself and pretended as if everything was normal. She had then taken me to the kitchen where she ordered tea and cakes for us then she'd told me the most ridiculous stories about her 'egglings' which made me laugh. Then she took me back to training and my life had gone back to semi normal as instances like that often happened even when I tried to control them. I finally learnt to accept that I could see into someone's soul without meaning to and though sometimes I was allowed to help them, sometimes I could do nothing.

************************************************

Thank you for reading my story. Have Fun!!