Evasion - Chapter 1 (draft 0)

A quite soothing voice appeared, the sound of it had a childlike tone to it.
"Hey Shiro, are you doing alright??"
"Yeah, I'm doing fine..," Shiro said with a gasp.
"I had one of those nightmares again." Her eyes were still wide open, sweat was dripping from her face. Her breath was heavy.
"Recently they've been popping up more and more... I feel like I remembered the tall man better this time. I remember it so vividly," She said while looking up, as if someone was comforting her from behind. 
"I'm sorry, I didn't notice soon enough. I felt something happening just as I left my steaming bath, but just a bit too late...," Yuki said.
Her mouth had a slight flinch as if she were pouting, though, her mouth was drooped down by just a little. 
In reality, Yuki's actions did not cross the border to the typical world, they were only visible inside Shiro's own vessel. They were really, 2 souls in one body.
"I can feel that you've been having a hard time lately, and I mostly can't do anything in return..."
"I just- I wish we were more like normal people, then I'd be able to give you a real hug in times like these."
Shiro replied with a slight smirk on her face, "Silly, I'm okay. It was just a wild dream. See? My heart rate dropped already."
"You know I can feel the hugs you give me, I already told you many times..." She said.
"I know... I just wish things were different sometimes." Yuki said.
 Yuki was looking down and wiggling her foot gently. Her cheeks were warm red. She gave a hint of a deep desire, something she had been longing for.
She tilted her head back up. A bright smile shone right off her face.
"Hey Shiro, remember who's coming back home again?" she said.
"OH YEAH!" Shiro jumped off her bed. And began racing through her base, she put her skirt on, grabbed her bag, and was ready to leave. 
She put her hands on her waist and looked up towards the exit. She stood still for a moment. Butterflies emerged within her stomach.
"Alright! let's go!"
Eagerly she leaped onto the rope to climb out of her base. The place where Shiro and Yuki lived was a well. It had a carved-out round middle. There Yuki and Shiro had been residing since they arrived here. A cozy home was made, one where they felt safe and secure.

1

She reached the top of the well and immediately sprinted toward the edge of the town. The town was incredibly small. One could cross from north to south in just a few minutes of walking speed. 
"We're almost there," Yuki said with a giant smile.
While Shiro was running toward the edge, Yuki had been jumping up and down, flapping her hands. She couldn't wait and was too eager to see the hooded man again.
Shiro reached the edge and looked down. There were big stepping stones as a way to get down to the bottom. They poked out of the river. They looked smooth and reflective. The waterfall had a strong petrichor aroma, it felt like a humid sauna.
Not being able to wait, she hopped down each step as if she were a goat. Her hops were delicate but fierce.
Just as she jumped onto the last step, Yuki shouted, "WATCH OUT!"
"Uh oh," Shiro replied mid-air.
"The last stone is-" Yuki said while flinching her eye.
Shiro's foot landed and she immediately slipped backward. An immense spike shot right up through her spine. Time stopped for a second. "Doki," said her heart. Water splashed all over her. She landed right into the waterfall's pool. The water caressed her skin while she slowly submerged in it. It felt tropical. 
Yuki facepalmed and shook her head. "You're always so impulsive, this is the fifth time this year now," she said with a deep sigh.
Shiro replied, "You'd have done the same if you were the one controlling the body!" She pouted with bright red cheeks. 
Yuki couldn't hold herself in, she started chuckling, and immediately after, bursted into laughter, "Hahahahaha-, you should've seen the look on your face when you fell, Hahahaha-" she said while holding her arms onto her stomach. It felt as if invisible hands were tickling her all over her body.
While Yuki was laughing, a chime arose. It sounded soft, it felt as if a thousand bells were jingling from heaven.
Instantaneously, Shiro and Yuki looked at the right side of the waterfall. Footsteps like boots in a closed hallway hit the ground.
Shiro's face went from frowning to a huge smile. A man with a hood appeared from behind the waterfall. His face was engulfed with shadows.
"Eric!" Yuki yelled.
The hooded man looked down at Shiro and said, "Are you alright? You slipped again didn't you..."
Shiro pushed herself up and pounced right at him. Her arms were tightly enveloped around his chest. It felt charming and warm to be united again. He hesitated for a second, but then immediately surrounded his arms around her too.
He put his arms on her shoulders. "So, how have you been doing Shiyuki?" He said after pushing her back gently. He wanted to take a look at her beautiful red crystal eyes again after having missed them for so long.
Shiro abruptly responded. "So, so, what have you been doing on your mission?? Did you go to the icy depths??? Or the lava lake?? Did you meet anyone new??" she said while butterflies were taking over her stomach.
Eric chuckled. He put his arm around her neck and faced the waterfall with her. He began walking forward, slowly guiding her to the place behind the waterfall, and opened the door.