Last day as a senior-Elena

Elena's POV:

Today I woke up to my mother screaming random shit in Luganda from downstairs. Again. I just let out a sigh and roll out of bed lazily, landing on the floor with a very loud thump. I wouldn't say I'm heavy, I'm just thick I guess. Thanks to this nyash. How I love my nyash. I crawl over to where my door used to be, now just a blanket covering the view, and move it to the side. My parents had confiscated it because they walked in on me twerking to Perfect by cousin Stizz. I don't regret it, at all. Surprised that they hadn't shipped me off to Africa though.

"I'M COMING!" I say as loudly as I can while trying to not sound disrespectful, which I find very hard. I freaking hate my family sometimes. All they do is demand stuff from me not even caring about my mental health or anything. Love them though <3. I roll my eyes and finally get up and get ready for school. It's the last day of school, and I plan to make it memorable. I smirk to myself as I grab a rather cheeky outfit from under my mattress. My strict ass parents would whoop my butt if they found out I had this. "Imma look so hot today" I smile to myself.

The outfit:

Time skipp-

Time skipp-

I had just jumped out of my window after hearing my mom leave for work, why? Because my siblings are fucking snitches. I ain't risking anything, who knows what my crazy parents would do? Just then my phone started buzzing. I look at the screen to see one of my faves, Aliyah!! I press answer.

A: "Girl where are you? You said we should pick you up"

E: "I just jumped out of my window girl, give me a break"

I hear loud laughter in the background just as I say that.

E: "Who's that with you?"

A: "Sofie"

E: "Figures, she laughs like a disfigured chimpanzee"

S: "BITCH I KNOW YOU DID NOT"

E: "Hahaha I'm joking Sofie, you know I love you. Btw I'm in the back"

A: "Alright I'm on my way! See you Tarzan!"

E: "Hey-"

*Aliyah hangs up cutting me off*

"Cunt" I mutter to myself but all I can do is smile.

I love my friends so much, they're the reasons I've survived all these years at high school. They give me happiness and the little confidence I have is because of them. I had met Aliyah in 7th grade when I just moved to this little white town in the middle of nowhere called Groton. She was very excited to have another black girl in the mostly white school and we immediately became besties. The white kids at school were scared of her because they weren't used to her straightforwardness and wildness. But I loved it, she was confident and strong. As for me though, the white kids thought I was sweet, too sweet in fact. They would take advantage of my kindness most times, and it really affected me, especially my self esteem. But thanks to my bestie Aliyah, I was able to cover up my vulnerabilities more as I went to high school.