002. no uterus, no opinion

Chapter Two
No Uterus, No Opinion

── ⚘ ──

Avocado on toast was the Beckham girl's go to breakfast since November of 2021. The two flavours combined so well, and she loved it; it distracted her from the pain that was the result of her breakup.

It took her a long time to process the stages, for she had thought her and bukayo were for forever. and suddenly they were not.

Everything reminded her about him, the pain was unbearable and she could recreate the River Nile with the tears she'd shedded.

But as time progressed, she'd slowly moved on, just as he did. it only took a slight break from everything and spending time with her closest friends and family.

*       *       *

── ⚘ ──

Sunday July 11, 2021.

Absolutely nothing could compare to the atmosphere on that july day in wembley stadium, located n london.

Viola Beckham stood alongside her family in the vip box as she watched in delight, her boyfriend's name on her shirt instead of her usual last name.

If there was one thing she loved about national team tournaments, it was the vibes that came with it. For only a month, citizens of different countries gathered around to support their country through expressive chants, face paint and joy, and put aside their hatred for their neighbours.

After what felt like the most nerve wrecking century, the game went onto penalties. viola sat on her chair, knees held towards her chest, as she bit her nails in anxiety.

Missed, Jordan Pickford did, as the first penalty went in. The Beckham girl's hand was glued to her face, only to be removed when the captain, Harry Kane's went in, as the crowd roared in delight.

Soon, her country had the upper hand, and were leading 2-1, before Italy equalised. from there and out, things were looking downhill, for Marcus Rashford had missed, as did his manchester united teammate, Jadon Sancho.

The opposition were now leading, 3-2, and she watched as her boyfriend stepped to take the final penalty, that could result in England equalising and sudden death overtime.

Her head pounded against her chest, as all eyes were on the youngster, Bukayo Saka. The pressure the entire nation placed on his shoulders was insane, as it was up to him whether England could take display their trophy in Wembley.

But god damn the goalkeeper.

She turned in her seat, not being able to bare the pain that was to stalk her the next few days.

Oh how she wished she knew better.

Not even a full hour after the match had ended her boyfriend and his teammates comments been flooded with nothing but mere bitter hatred, full of vile words that felt like the bile was about to escape through her stomach.