Chapter 3

Izuku Midoriya (Deku) POV :

Todoroki-kun is definitely going to ask me about yesterday today. There's no way he forgot. I'll just have to try avoid him all day since I really don't want to deal with him. Not that I don't like Todoroki-kun it's just that he is very persistent and probably will manage to get some information out of me. I'll just talk to Aizawa-sensei after class so he will have to leave. I made sure to leave a little later than usual so I would arrive to school just on time. When I entered, as expected I didn't have time to talk to anyone. Now I just have to pray that I can keep this up for the whole day. As soon as class finished I practically jumped out of my seat and jogged towards Aizawa-sensei. "Hey, Aizawa-sensei, can I talk to you?"

"Hm? I'm on my break now problem child-"

"It's really important."

"Oh.... I see, sure just wait for everyone else to leave the classroom.

Shoto Todoroki (Shoto) POV :

Class has finally ended, I should go confront Midoriya now. He seems to be talking to Aizawa. Probably to ask about the homework we were given today. It's probably harder than the homework he got while being in class 1-C. I wait a little as everyone leaves but it seems as though Midoriya is waiting with Aizawa? He probably wants to talk to Midoriya alone. I'll wait outside the classroom for him to be finished so I can ask.

Izuku Midoriya (Deku) POV:

I could see that Todoroki-kun was waiting for me to finish talking to Aizawa-sensei. I just hoped that he would realise I was 'staying back' and would leave. Once Aizawa-sensei made sure everyone had left and that Jiriou wasn't going to use her quirk to listen in on us, he was ready to listen to me. "So what did you need to talk about?"

"I think Todoroki-kun is suspicious of me."

"What did you tell him?" 

"Nothing- I swear." I gulped a little and I was sure Aizawa-sensei had noticed my hesitation. "It's just that yesterday Todoroki-kun asked what my quirk was-"

"You didn't tell him your quirk, right?"

"No! Of course not, I said I had smokescreen which is the sixth user's quirk, I even showed him it when he asked to."

"So, what makes you think he is suspicious of you?"

"I knew he wanted to ask about the situation regarding me and Shinso-kun and I didn't know if I was able to hold up if he were to ask these questions because Todoroki-kun is- was one of my best friends, so I used my quirk to leave when I had the chance to. I'm sure he wants to ask me more about it today and I don't know if I can handle all the questioning, so I'm trying to avoid him. Is it alright if I stay in here for the whole of recess and lunch?"

"Jeez, you certainly had a lot to say, and you do realise your disrupting my break time right?" Was he serious? Would he not let me stay in because he wanted his break? "But this is a very serious matter. I'm glad you told me Midoriya. You've matured. Of course, you can stay in here with me for the whole of recess and lunch. I'll keep an eye out for Todoroki and tell him that you are busy doing a task for me. How does that sound?"

"Thank you sensei." 

"No problem. If you ever have anymore problems like these, you know you can always talk to me right?" 

"Mhm, I do sensei, that's why I told you in the first place." I smile at him and he smiles back. Finally, I can just relax in here and not have to worry about anything. I really hope Todoroki-kun forgets about talking to me in the next few days.