One

Abigail Hawthorne

Abigail Hawthorne

I hadn't seen Cato since we were airlifted out of the arena by the hovercraft so I was nervous incase something bad had happened to him. "Where's Cato?" I asked Haymitch, we were in the training centre waiting to depart back to our own districts. "Give me a chance to wake up, sweetheart." Haymitch said and I pushed his chest. "Where's Cato?" I asked but he shook his head.

The door opened and I flung my arms around the blonde boy who I'd fallen in love with. "I thought - I thought..." I whispered but Cato pulled me into a tight hug. "It's okay Abs, it's okay." Cato whispered and I nodded. He held my hand the whole way to the train with Effie, Haymitch, Brutus and Enobaria, they were some of the victors of District 2. Enobaria scared me, she'd had her teeth altered to represent spikes, Cato said she was alright really.

We headed straight for District 12, I got off the train and was engulfed into a hug by Gale. "I'm so happy you're okay." Gale whispered and I buried my head in his neck. Mother, Posy, Vick and Rory all bombarded me with hugs. "Listen Hadley, if you hurt her, you'll have me to answer to." Gale said, pointing his finger in Cato's chest. "Gale, it's okay." I whispered, as Cato wrapped his arm around my waist. "Thank you for keeping Abi alive." Mother said and Cato hugged her.

I went to Mayor Undersee to get the keys for my house in the Victors Village, and asked my whole family to move in. Cato and Gale took most of our stuff from our house in The Seam. "Thank you." I whispered to Cato who nodded. "Cato!" Posy said, pulling at his leg. "Do you really love Abi?" Posy asked in a whisper and Cato nodded, she giggled and flung her arms around him.

"I think she likes you." I whispered to Cato who chuckled, we helped mother prepare dinner and she seemed happy enough with our new home. She'd never have to worry about keeping our mouths fed again. Katniss, Prim and their mother also come and met Cato. Cato and I were sitting opposite them at the dining table. "We were quite surprised at the whole starcrossed lovers thing." Katniss said and I looked up at her, Cato placed a comforting hand on my leg. "When did you two start getting close?"

"During the training days." I said truthfully and Cato pressed a kiss to my head. "We met in secret on the rooftop, and grew closer." I said smiling over at Cato, I pulled the pendant from under my top. "He gave me this." I said and passed it over to Katniss who smiled fondly. "You've really stolen our Abi's heart, Hadley." Katniss said and I felt my cheeks rising.

"Thank you for keeping her safe." Mother said to Cato who smiled. "No problem Mrs Hawthorne, I'd do it all over again." Cato said and I smiled over at him, Mother grinned at Cato. "Please, hon, call me Hazelle." Mother said and I grinned at her. "To Abigail and Cato," mother said raising a glass. "The victors of the 74th annual hunger games!"

The others cheered and clapped, we finished dinner and headed to bed. "Your family seem nice." Cato said and I nodded. "Yeah, they are." I said with a small smile, Cato kissed my lips passionately as I wrapped my arms around his neck, his found my waist and picked me up with ease. "I love you, Abs." Cato whispered, I smiled into the kiss. "I love you too, Cato." I whispered, he gulped and placed me onto the bed, hovering over me.

"Ready?" Cato asked and I nodded, his lips found mine as his hands trailed from my bum down to my leg, giving my thigh a squeeze, I moaned in pleasure and brought Cato's lips back to mine, he took of his top, revealing his abs and I pulled mine over my head, he unclipped my bra and trailed kisses on my neck. Cato and I made love, we were sweating and laying breathless beside each other.

"That was good." Cato choked out and I nodded in agreement, cuddling into his side. Cato's hand found my waist and traced circles on my skin making me shiver, my eyes were growing heavy at the movement.

I woke up and pressed a kiss to Cato's lips. "I'm going hunting with Gale." I said and he nodded. "Can I come?" Cato asked and I nodded, I put on my hunting gear, Cato just wore combats with a top and jacket, we headed downstairs. "Cato's coming with us." I said and Gale's eyes narrowed. "Sure, whatever." Gale said and I took Cato's hand in mine, we headed to the meadow. "Is the fence on?" I asked and Gale listened. "No, we're all good."

"Is this safe?" Cato asked, looking around nervously. "Scared, Hadley?" Gale asked with a smirk and I rolled my eyes. "Cato, it's fine, c'mon." I said, heading under the gap in the fence. "Is Katniss coming?" I asked and Gale shrugged. "I'm not sure." Gale said and I nodded, knowing to drop it.

I got my bow and arrows, leaving Katniss's in the willow tree, I loaded my arrow with a bow and aimed at the Turkey, releasing the arrow I saw the arrow hit Marvel, my breath hitched in my throat and I started breathing fast, I heard screaming from a distance. "Abs, Abs..." Cato hurried towards me. "It's okay, Abs, it's okay." Gale whispered. "You're with us Abi, calm down." Cato whispered, pressing a kiss to my forehead and bringing me close. "M-Marvel," I choked out and Cato looked down at me. "I-it was Marvel."

"It's not, Abs, you're okay." Cato whispered, placing his hands on either side of my shoulders. "You okay?" Gale asked and I nodded, gulping. "Saw some turkeys on the way here. Crossed right in front of me like I wasn't even there." Gale said and I looked at him. "How rude of them." I said and he smirked. "That's what happens when you spend six days a week working in the mines. Stupid birds start to think they own these woods." Gale said and I chuckled.

"When's the tour leave?" Gale asked and I hit my lip. "Couple hours." Cato said and Gale nodded. "C'mon then." Gale said leading us back to the house in the Victors Village. "I want to move here, with you." Cato said and I looked up at him. "Oh, Cato..." I whispered and he pressed his lips to mine. "Always, Abs." Cato said and I smiled, looking up at him. "Always."