The very beginning

Dean Winchester, a hunter yet he didn't have a taste for animals, only monsters. Some monsters look human, some are human, some creatures look like humans but aren't. Dean and his brother Sam Winchester hunt monsters that roam the dark, ghosts, spirits, vampires, ghouls, leviathans, a list so long nobody wanted to read it. This particular warm, summer day they were researching, well Sam was while his brother kicked back in a t-shirt, pajama pants, and a dark shaded robe, a beer in hand usually Sam would make a snarky remark on how it's early in the morning with a look of worry or confusion, nobody could tell which one it was and dean would respond with a "It's 2 pm somewhere" sided with an expression of an eyebrow raise and a corny half assed smile. Today was different, today was the day Castiel came back from heaven once more. Trying to find a way to get his grace back, meeting with metatron became tedious with him locked in the cell of heaven, they said worse than hell itself but Castiel was damned to find his grace. He could feel himself getting sicker with every second, being human was better than this, being fallen was better than this, anything could and would be better. Naturally the Winchester boys were fixated on finding Castiel's grace, not wanting to see him hurt, not wanting to see Castiel the way he is. Although it hurt Sam, some considered Dean more affected by it. The early drinking that sank into the late hours of night, the slow yet loud pacing footsteps between Sam's room and the kitchen with an echoed screech from the fridge door, followed with a clank of a beer. Sam, despite being the more open hearted one was finding it hard to talk to his brother, dean wasn't the "emotional" or "Talkative" type like he would consider Sam, though the Winchester boys always found a way to crack open each other's shells and make peace with each other. Although the brothers were close by bond, Sam knew Dean wouldn't be the same and it would take a lot to help Dean and Sam didn't think once about giving up on his older brother. It was always them against the world. The Winchesters, they wouldn't have it any other way.