[3] tangerines

As the smell of freshly roasted meat met the straw hat-wearing boy, he instantly became dumbfounded at the aroma. Drool accumulated at the corners of his mouth, his eyes somehow bending into the shape of the very thing in front of him.

By his side sat his grumbly boyfriend, still dazed from his interrupted nap. Turning to look at his drooling partner, he reaches out to him and wipes the corners of his mouth with his thumb.

"Quit drooling like a baby. The meat isn't gonna run away from you," Zoro smiled, wiping his hand on his trousers. This action seemed to break the boy's trance as a peach-toned blush appeared on his cheeks, but inevitably, he reverted back to his hungered state.

"Yeah... mhm... it just looks... so good..." Luffy stumbled, his attention still locked on the food in pristine condition. It lured him in with its crispy and flavorful exterior. The aroma seeped into his mind, seemingly taking control in the process.

He waited desperately for the ok to dig into his rightfully deserved afternoon meal. After all, he had waited and complied with the cook's unwavering determination to keep him out of the busy kitchen.

Now, all he was waiting for was for the blonde chef to set up the rest of the meal, upkeeping his strict yet beautiful standards for dining. Of course, the two ladies received the most lavish attention to their plate.

"Alright, dig in, everyone!" Sanji announced, placing down the last dish on their table.

"MEAT!!!" Luffy yelled before savagely tearing the piece of meat. Tiny shredded pieces flew and landed around the others near him. Much to their annoyance, it has become second nature to them to accept their captain's childlike behavior.

∽↭↠☾☁☽↞↫∽

The rest of their meal was uneventful, an uncommon occurrence onboard the Going Merry. Whether it was the surprisingly calm weather or the excitement wearing off from their last adventure, the shipmates relaxed at the rare opportunity.

Time had passed quickly for everyone onboard. After lunch, Usopp fixed the remaining damage from their previous naval battle. Chopper slowly grew fond of Robin's presence, with the latter reading various tales to him from books she had just read. Nami tended to her orange trees with the reluctant help of Sanji, which wafted a sweet citrusy smell on the Merry.

The couple had retreated to their spot, sitting with their back to the wooden wall. It had been quite a surprise for everyone to see Luffy so calm at this time of day. He would be bouncing off the walls, playing silly pranks on his crewmates. Anything but quiet.

"Oh my! Don't you think they're cute?" Robin caught the sight in the corner of her eye. The lovesick duo lay asleep, with the smaller male sitting atop the lap of the larger male. Chopper beside her turned to them.

"Mmm... yeah. I was a little surprised at first," a joyous Chopper confessed.

"Not as cute as you, doctor," Robin smiled as she turned back to him.

"W-who are you calling cute you i-idiot!" the reluctant reindeer blushed.

Before everyone truly took note of the time, the sun had sunk below the ocean's horizon. Dinner was likewise the same as lunch. A drooling Luffy was satisfied with his fulfilling meal. He fell asleep at the table and his partner carried him and himself off to the male's quarters. The two fell asleep on the meshed hammock.

∽↭↠☾☁☽↞↫∽

- End of Chapter -