I ; Warm Welcoming

- We've already been on the roads for hours, Hyun'. Don't you think we should take a break?

- Oh come on, we should arrive at the hotel in a couple of minutes only. You can wait until then, right?

The dark blond haired boy sighs heavily and rolls his eyes.

- Of course sir, only for you.

His respondent lets him hear a soft laugh as he keeps his tired eyes on the road.

The two boys had passed more than six hours on the different roads from the ones they were used to. Their trip had been the most fun so far, yet, it was only the beginning.

*****

11pm is displayed on the car's small screen and the tiredness can be felt in the car.

But suddenly, from afar can be distinguished two cars on both extremities of the road. One of them in the right border and the other one on the left side. Their headlights are off and both cars are completely immobilized.

The taller one frowns and points with his chin the anomaly that is only a few meters away from them.

- Do you think they need help...?

Minho's eyes start focusing on the vehicles. He can discern one, and two, and three men coming out of it.

- Slow down a bit...

He says while lifting his hand up to make the driver next to him react.

The taller one releases progressively the acceleration pedal, making the car slow down.

- What is going on...?

The three men outside are now showing them signs to slow down even more while getting a little bit too close to the middle of the road.

- I really don't like whatever the hell is going on right now, Hyun'...

One of them turns around to the opposite of where the car in which the two friends are sitting in and he waves his hand at a new arrival.

A truck-GMC Sierra 2008-makes its appearance in the middle of the road, blocking the trapped ones.

A fourth, and a fifth man get out of the newcomer to join the other people, who are approaching even more, to the point where they are near enough to hit and knock on the windows of the boys's vehicle.

- Hyunjin, go back! Quick!

- I'm doing my best!

In total panic, Hyunjin manages to backtrack. But behind him appears another vehicle that doesn't seem to be on their side either.

The pickup in front starts backtracking a little and the taller one sees an opportunity to sow the spontaneous ambush. Without hesitation, he steps on the gas pedal again and happens to pass right between the car that was on their right and the GMC pickup that is now rushing over them. The truck, however, doesn't succeed in keeping them from going anywhere, but it brushes harshly against their car.

A metallic noise can be heard and a vibration is felt before Hyunjin starts driving faster. They outsmarted them.

Heart beating rapidly against their chests, the two look at each other, in complete shock.

- What the fuck was that!?

Minho lifts his shaky hand to his chest, looking right ahead in fright. Not a single word is able to come out of his mouth while Hyunjin tries to understand and comprehend what just happened.

- Hyunjin, no matter what, don't stop... Let's find this hotel as soon as possible.

The swarthy's gaze details for an instant the troubled silhouette next to him. It was only for a brief moment but, he had the impression of seeing the older's stare change and illuminate.

«I must be hallucinating...» he thinks, mostly blaming the weariness as he looks back at the road in front, his heart not calming down and keeping its quick pace.

- We'll arrive soon, don't worry...

❦︎

Keep in mind, this is a fictional story and everything that is written in it is completely fake. I have no rights for either the images or the people in it.

And one more thing, this is my english version of my own story! English isn't my first language but I do happen to be bilingual; that doesn't mean the english version is going to be perfect either though-

That's all for me! Have fun reading! ❣︎