Girl Meets the Truth Part 1

Violet Prov.

"Eyes, look your last. Arms, take your last embrace. And, lips, oh, you the doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss." Lucas says, as he plays Romeo in our school play. Suddenly Farkle jumps out behind him and says, "Back off!" to Lucas while pointing his fake spear at him. "What meanest thou? Spear carrier... Who havest no lines." Lucas says confused, but still tries to stay in character. "You tried to kiss my woman. This I cannot allow. Prepare to die!" Farkle exclaims pointing his spear more at Lucas.

"Farkle, what are you doing? It's Romeo and Juliet." Lucas says, making me hide my face in Mayas' shoulder to stop myself from laughing out loud. "Well, now it's Romeo and Juliet and Farkle. I play Farkle." Farkle says. "Dude, I'm supposed to kiss the girl. Shakespeare said." Lucas tries to reason. 'Oh, sweet naive Charming. You're not kissing your girl today.' I think to myself as I watch Farkle face us.

"Who thinks the spear carrier should finally get to kiss Juliet?" Farkle asks the audience, causing us all to cheer. "Wooo. Yeah, you kiss that girl, you crazy spear carrier." Maya loudly cheers as she stands from her seat. "Hark! You cometh uppeth here and getteth kissed too. You as well fair maiden." Farkle says as he points his spear at Maya and me while the rest of the audience continues to cheer.

"Thank you, thank you. You're too kind, seriously." Maya says as we walk up the stage and lay next to Riley on the table. "How are you doing Sunshine?" I ask once were comfortable next to her. "I just don't understand how we end up in situations like this." Riley says with a sigh.

The school applauds Riley, Maya, Lucas, and I as we walk out of the theater class, but when Farkle comes out they all go silent

The school applauds Riley, Maya, Lucas, and I as we walk out of the theater class, but when Farkle comes out they all go silent. Feeling bad for Farkle, Riley and I start clapping which makes everyone clap again. "Thank you. Thank you, Farkle nation!" Farkle happily says as he walks past everyone.

"Farkle, come here." Maya says and I just know she's going in for the kill. "Maya, don't." I scold her slightly. "He thinks he was good." Riley defends. "Yeah, I'm gonna fix that." Maya says turning away from us to go to Farkle. I quickly stop her and say, "I know, but maybe I should tell him. You tend to, well ... You tend to go for the kill in these situations." I say trying to both appease Maya and Riley.

"But you can't tell him the truth. You'll crush him." Riley says, trying to stop the both of us now. "Oh, we can tell him the truth. It's you who can't tell him the truth because you're afraid." Maya challenges, while I lightly hit Mayas' shoulder. "I'm not afraid. I'm nice." Riley says. I stare at her in surprise. "You're saying we're not nice?" Maya again challenges. "No, I'm afraid to say that. Plus Vi is nicer than me when it comes to Farkle." Riley says looking down.

"We need to tell him the truth, Sunshine. You know Farkle. You know what will happen if we don't." I say to Riley and nod slightly towards Farkle, who is already singing autographs. "Farkle. You were so... what are the best words?" Riley says as she walks over to him. "He killed the play. Those are the words. Those are the only words. You killed the play. Tell him." Maya says looking between Farkle and Riley.