1. Paper Work

。・:*:・゚★,"I've overstayed my welcome haven't I?",。・:*:・

。・:*:・゚★,"And how shall I entertain you."★,。・:*:・

Octavia

"It has been a month since Queen Luna has declared a full scale War.." The reporter drones on in the background, my mother's speech playing on loop behind him. It's ridiculous, the amount of coverage they're still giving this speech and not the actual state of war. Admittedly the more political news reporters are camped out in the capitol waiting for the Queen's announcements and the actions of her government. "There has been no news on the allegations against Crown Princesses Stella Siatra in regards to the attempted murder of Ricki Anderson."

I can tell you what happened. House arrest and a second murder attempt. They can't really blame Riven though, the only peace we all had was that Beatrix would be with her mate and daughter. Riven was merely trying to give his sister some comfort and return her beloved to her in death.

Doesn't mean I didn't rip him a new one for getting arrested.

I sigh heavily, turning my attention back to the reports on the coffee table. Progress with the village has been slow. Sky is currently out there with Andreas rebuilding parts of the main buildings. In some awful yet beautiful way the pair have used Bea death as a way to finally move on with each other and grow closer.

Beatrix would be both pissed and proud.

My chest tightens at the thought and exhales in controlled breaths like Silva taught me. The guilt hasn't gone away but it will once I've gotten my sister back. I have to get her back. Andreas had plans to use Rosalind but I don't intend to rely on the bitch for anything other than winning this war.

She was made commander for a reason and with Irene expecting the baby any day now she's the only senior soldier in our corner. What a sorry state of affair that is.

Riven wants to know if he should grab takeout on his way back? Asmodeus grumbles, clearly displeased to be used as no more than a texting service. He says he's not cooking and since neither you or Sky can cook your options are Chinese or Fish n' chips.

Chinese. I pause. I said that way too fast. Oh well, sue me. I've been stewing over these reports for hours and the Burned One numbers are no less smaller. This region still has 22 unaccounted for Burned Ones. The internal area of Solaria has begun a mass culling of them.

Full witch hunt style.

Queen Luna does not hold back when she goes to war. It's unnerving to see her so powerful again. In recent years she has been beholden to the government but a state of war once again forces the coalition of representatives to work together under her command. Rather than competing against each other.

"Do you think it's too soon to put the Bill in?" Stel asks from her place opposite me and I have to fight down my irrational irritation at her presence. Did I mention she was on house arrest with me? In my flat? Well technically in her suite but I have the only other room she's allowed to be contained in and Aisha finally got sick of her. "It could be argued to improve the health of soldiers being drafted while setting the baseline for a Poverty Bill for the Epidórpio poulí."