Chapter 4: The Truth

Ren was back at the spring. She still needed time to collect herself. "Okay, let's see: our base is in shambles, all our weapons are obsolete by now, and all of my troops are... gone." She says, pacing back and forth. She then sighs. "Things are looking pretty grim right now, PAM. I could really use someone to talk to." She says, looking at a device on her forearm, only to be greeted by silence. "Still in self-repair mode. Of course." She says before sighing. "Guess that means I'm alone for a while. May as well set up a camp here until I come up with a plan." She says, walking away to find supplies.

 Deacon and Adira had just gotten off school, and they decided to go to the spring. They had just gotten to it when Adira noticed a makeshift tent. She then forces Deacon's head down. "Huh, what was that for-" He starts to say before Adira interrupts him, saying: "Shush! I think someone's here." She says. "You're damn right someone's here." A voice says from behind them. Deacon makes a noise of surprise as they both quickly turn around. "Who are you?" Adira exclaims, putting herself in front of Deacon. She looks at them for a moment and sighs. "The name's Serenity, but my friends call me: "Ren." Or, at least, they used to..." She says. "Wait... I knew you looked familiar! But how is that possible? Y-you died two centuries ago by the hands of Ms. Millicent!" Deacon says nervously. "Is that so?" She says before scoffing. "I wonder what other lies she's fed your generation." She says, walking to her camp. They then followed her. There was a moment of silence. "I um... I don't know how it is these days, but back in my day, when someone told you their name, you'd usually tell them yours." Serenity says, glancing back at them. "Oh, right! My name is Adira, and this is Deacon. I'm sorry, it's just... I always had this feeling that you guys weren't really terrorists, and I'm just... Ecstatic that I was right! Or, I assume I was, at least." Adira says. "Us? Terrorists? 'Course she'd say that..." Serenity says. She then looks back at them. "Sorry, it's nice to meet you both. I honestly expected you to be worse, Adira, considering how I've seen other people act." She says, looking at Adira. "Yeah, well, there are few people like me," Adira says. "Hm... Figured as much..." She says. "So, um... If you weren't actually terrorists... Then, what's the real story?" Deacon asks. "Yeah, I'm kinda curious myself," Adira says. Serenity sighs. "Well, get comfy, you two... This story's a long one." She says.