Chapter 3: Remnant of the Old World

It was getting late, and Diana had just finished up what she was doing when she heard the doorbell. "Hang on a second!" She says before getting up and opening the door to see Ms. Cross. She then looks at her in anger. "Séverine." She says. "Mrs. Tivona," Séverine responds with a similar look. "What brings you here, if I may ask?" Diana says. "I'm here because your little brat insulted me." Séverine says. Diana chuckles. "I can assure you that whatever she said; I one hundred percent agree with." She says. "Of course. That's just like you. I knew there was something I didn't like about her." Séverine says. "Was it the fact that she's more beautiful than you could ever hope to be?" Diana says. Séverine groans. "I don't have time for this. I only wanted to ask you if Deacon was here." Séverine says. "Mmm, can't say I've seen him. Maybe you should try checking elsewhere. I hear there's a lovely ravine nearby. Maybe you should start there." Diana says. Séverine groans once again. "Fine. Be that way. I don't even need him at the moment." Séverine says before walking away. "Okay, toodles!" She says before closing the door. "Fucking bitch." She says, walking up to her and Mr. Tivona's room.

 Deep underground, a long-forgotten timer had finally reached zero, causing a door to creak and whir as it slowly slid open to reveal a female figure. She then drops to the floor on her hands and knees. After a few moments, she pounds her fist on the ground. "Abrianna." She growls as she lifts her head to reveal a set of almond and dark blue colored eyes. She then gets up and makes her way out of the underground base that had been overcome by nature.

 The woman with almond and dark blue colored eyes was now wandering through the forest. The light from the moon revealed her short crimson hair and lightly tanned beige skin. She was looking for a familiar landmark, and eventually, she found one: the spring. She stared at it for a long moment. She seemed to be reflecting. Her eyes then teared up slightly as she gritted her teeth. "Why'd he have to be such a-" She started to mutter before stopping herself. "No, no... It wasn't like that, and you know that, Ren." She says, attempting to pull herself together. After a few moments, she runs in the direction that she remembers the closest city being in.

 Adira had woken up before Deacon, and she looked at one of the holographic screens in her room. "6:00" was displayed on one of the screens. She didn't want to disrupt Deacon's slumber, so she decided to stay in bed. She then notices her dad open the door slightly. He had green eyes, brown hair, and beige skin. "Oh, sorry if I'm interrupting anything, sweetheart. I just wanted to apologize for not saying hi to you yesterday." He says. "It's fine, dad. I get that you were busy." Adira says. "Okay, good, but I see that you have company at the moment, so I'll talk with you later." He says. "Okay. Love you, dad." She says. "I love you too, sweetheart." He says before shutting the door. Adira then gently brushes Deacon's hair with her hand. Eventually, he wakes up. "Good morning, Adira." He says. "'Morning, Freckles." She says. "Is it almost time for school?" He asks. "Almost. We have about two hours." She says. "Oh, well, in that case: I would be happy to make breakfast for you." He says. "No. It's about time someone made breakfast for you, Deacon." She says, getting out of bed. Deacon's face turns bright red because she still only had her underwear on. "Oh, sorry, Freckles. I completely forgot. I'm not used to having people over." She says. "N-no, it's fine! I think you look pretty." He says. "Especially with your... Abdominals..." He mutters. "Heheh, well, thank you. You look pretty cute yourself, Freckles." She says. Deacon then seems to remember something and lowers his head slightly. "Wait, did I say something wrong?" Adira asks after putting a shirt on. "No, it's just... that compliment... has bad memories attached to it..." He says. Adira growls slightly. "Remind me to give Jade another concussion." She says as she puts on her pants. She then changes the subject. "Anyways, what would you like, Freckles?" She asks. "Hm... I guess pancakes and tea sounds nice!" Deacon says. "Okay. I'll be right back with that." She says before walking out of the room.