ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ ; ɴᴏ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏ ᴇɴᴅ

• august 2023

august 2023

HE SHOT UP, gasping for air.

As his head whipped around, his vision swam terribly.

One of his hands flew to his chest where he felt his heart beating rapidly.

In an effort to ground himself, he closed his eyes and attempted to calm himself.

When he opened his eyes he found himself staring down at a crystal clear picture of sand.

Sand. What the fuck?

He dropped his hand from his chest and looked up.

"Oh my god!" He jumped several feet back. Once again, his heart was hammering out of his chest.

Completely white orbs were staring directly at him, as if they were trying to gouge out his soul.

Trembling with fear, he eyed the character. Or thing. Whatever it was.

"What the fuck?" He stammered.

The.....thing wasn't human. It couldn't have been.

Not with....gills on their neck.

"What..." Izzy swallowed. "What happened?" He kept his eyes on the thing and the thing stared, unblinking, right back at him.

"What are you?"

Then, he wakes up.

—— june 2023

IZZY'S KNOWN HEAT LIKE THIS EVER SINCE HE WAS A CHILD.

Still, he could never get used to it, even as the sun set behind him.

It also didn't help that his wardrobe consisted of mainly dark colors, so the sweltering heat was practically boiling him alive in the back of this Greyhound bus.

It had been early June at the moment, and Izzy had just graduated high school. Albeit with a D average.

He had packed his things and flew like a bat out of hell from Indiana to LA at the first chance he got.

He didn't know what he was planning on doing in a place like this, but he knew he felt something out here pulling him in.