꧁ sɪx ; ɪ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ɪ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ sɪɴᴋ, sᴏ ɪ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ sᴡᴀᴍ ꧂

late september 2023

AND YOU'RE SURE YOU SAW THEM COME UP HERE?  ❞ The Officer asked Jenny as they stand outside of Duff McKagan's empty apartment, the front door kicked in from the team of officers that had rushed the building.

Jenny sighs in frustration. "I was sure the first few times you asked and I'm still sure now." Then she looks around the hall.

She spots the Emergency Exit. "They must've gotten spooked and ran off," She waved her hand towards the door. "You could try checking the lower levels. And the underground garage."

The Officer shakes his head. "My Second-In-Command and I scoured that area already."

"Well was anyone down there?" Jenny asks, puzzled, as she crosses her arms.

"Just a kid who looked like a chick and an emo. Said they were heading out because they 'saw this coming'."

Jenny perked up at the mention of an 'emo'. "Wait, emo? And you said the other one looked like a girl?"

The officer nods.

"Blonde hair?"

"No," he shakes his head. "Head full of dark curls. He didn't talk much though."

Jenny's eyes widened. "Those were Duff's friends. Saul and..." She snapped her fingers, trying to remember Izzy's name. "I can't remember the emo's name, but it was something girly."

"You say they're McKagan's friends?" The Officer asks. Jenny nods, still wracking her brain for a name. "So if he's anywhere, he'd be with them?"

Jenny finally gives up with a shrug. "Most likely. He doesn't really have much of a life outside of those friends of his."

The Officer snorts scornfully, "Guess money can't buy you everything."

Jenny chuckles at that as the Officer began commanding something over his walkie. "I'm gonna need some plates ran."

WAKE UP!!

Izzy shot up so fast he threw himself out of the bed, crashing hard onto the carpeted floor.

Across the room, Izzy heard Steven cackling. Then he heard Slash start laughing as Duff said, "You're such an asshole, Steven.", trying to hide the humor in his voice.

Izzy groaned, hearing the telltale static of the TV playing behind everyone's laughter.

He pushed himself up, frustrated at the blankets wrapped around his hips and the sound of his friends and Steven laughing at him. "All of you are fuckin' dickheads."

Duff snickers at that.

Steven approaches the bed as Izzy stood and tossed the blankets onto a still sleeping Axl. "Looks like you fucked your little mermaid into a coma." Steven crosses his arms, leaning against the foot of the bed.

Duff's eyes widened and Slash's jaw dropped.

Before Izzy could try to defend himself, a voice on the TV caught everyone's attention.