꧁ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ ; ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀᴠᴇs ᴡɪʟʟ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ [ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴄʜᴀɪɴ ᴏɴ ᴍᴇ]꧂

• — september 2023

FOR WEEKS, Izzy had avoided Duff like the plague, going back and forth from work, home, and the beach.

He spent most of his free time away from the apartment and at the beach where he, unsurprisingly, had been hanging out with Axl.

Axl had been the only person Izzy had ever met that hadn't held any standards toward Izzy since they'd met.

Mainly because they hadn't really known each other that well and there was no one person that they both knew mutually who could give them a perspective of the other.

Axl always let Izzy take the lead and guide the conversations, though doing that was also new to Izzy.

All his life he'd surrounded himself with extroverted people and never had to take the reins in conversations. He'd usually bring up a topic and the other person would talk to their heart's content.

But now things were different. He was conversing with someone who'd never had any societal experience with humans.

So he had to talk.

And with what little he did say, Axl always seemed so interested.

Sonja had always said Izzy was a man of few words.

Axl didn't look at Izzy as some helpless street urchin. He only looked at Izzy like the man was wise beyond his years and had an answer to every one of his inexplicable and mostly hypothetical or silly questions.

He figured Izzy must have fallen from the sky.

And even that, Axl was inquisitive of.

"And that one?" Axl points a webbed finger at the astrology book Izzy had laid in his lap.

Izzy looks between the sky and the book. "Oh! That one's right there." He pointed up at the sky, moving his finger along the connection of stars.

Axl's big eyes followed the connection and he smiled big in childlike wonder.

"That one's called the 'Cup'." Izzy explains. " Otherwise known as Capricorn."

"Capricorn?" Axl stares at Izzy, his completely white eyes that no longer scared Izzy staring at him patiently.

"Yeah. People call them star signs. Star signs can be assigned to anyone. The position of the Sun, Moon, and planets on the day we were born determines our birth chart and star signs."

Axl keeps staring, awaiting more, but unfortunately Izzy is not very educated in astrology. Or....anything else.

Izzy blushes, embarrassed. "It's...., it's a whole lot of shit. I'm not smart enough to explain it all."

Axl's little smile fell. "Well....,you are smart enough to explain this....," He points to the open page of the astrology book.

Izzy shrugs. "It's easy to explain things when the words are written out for you. Otherwise, you're a bumbling idiot."

"I do not think that you are idiot." Axl smiles. Still without his teeth.