Chapter One: Crystal Party Invasion

-Day 8: Fabula Nova Crystalis-

The next day, we were told that all Espers have been invited to attend the annual Fabula Nova Crystallis Party, a celebration of the birth of all life on the planet, as all life was apparently born from the crystal held in the Embassy.

"Wear your best suits and dresses people. We are to look and act our best!" Sander said. I didn't have a suit though. "Don't worry (Y/N)." He added. "I got one just for you. Not too fancy, not too casual." He handed over a (F/C) suit and told me to change into it. The suit had a formal jacket and trousers, a pair of luxury shoes and a collared shirt with dark grey stripes.

On the drive over to the party, I fell asleep and had the strangest dream. I was fighting for my life, against some girl I didn't even know. Who was she? Was it a dream? A flashback? What was that? And what did that number on her sleeve mean? XIII...

I woke up, very groggy. "You okay bud?" Freddy asked. I looked at him for a second then turned to my window then said. "I'm fine. Just some strange dreams." Eventually, we arrived at the party and I felt something was about to go down. As we made our way up to the highest floor, I saw her. That girl from my dream. She looked just like her. Long deep sapphire hair almost black, and her skin was not exactly pale, but not full of life either. She was wearing the most beautiful dress anyone at the party was wearing. It was an elegant dress that was the opposite color to mine.

"Hi." She said with a smile. "I'm Amber." "I'm (Y/N). Nice to meet you." I said. She then asked a weird question. "Can you see it? That strange light in the night sky?" I looked where she was pointing, and sure enough, there it was, a light shining down from the clouds. "What is that?" I asked. "Apparently it's the light from the Goddess of Death." She said and I added. "You mean like Etro from Final Fantasy XIII?" She chuckled and said. "Something like that." "Well, I better get going. My boss is gonna kill me if I don't report back." I said. She smiled her sweet smile and gave me something. "For good luck." She said. Then she ran off.

"Where have you been?" Sander asked. "Just getting acquainted with someone." I replied. Sander nodded in agreement and walked off. Freddy then asked my in a cheeky whisper. "Who was that? Your girlfriend~?" "Oh shut it." I said, giving him a scratch on his cheek. "Still, I wonder what that light's all about." "What light?" Freddy asked. I pointed where Amber showed me. The light was still there. But Freddy looked confused. "There's no light there." He said. That's strange. How come Amber and I can see it, but no one else can?

As I walked through the crowd of people, I saw some kind of drop ship come crashing in through the window. In the drop ship, were more Miramon. Using my magic I swapped to my field outfit and summoned my sword to me. "Let's dance assholes!" I said as I blitzed all the Miramon out of the window and gave chase, not letting one of them live.

Somehow though, one Miramon slipped through my onslaught and went for the crystal chamber. I threw my sword which latched on to the Miramon and when it reached solid ground, I warped to it and sliced it in half. "Is everyone alright?" I asked. They all nodded and I reverted to my (F/C) suit. With a snap of my fingers, the damage to the windows were reversed. And we continued the party as if nothing had happened. Then I remembered, Amber!