Chapter Three: Days 24-35

-Day 24: Questions pt.1-

I woke up what felt like only a few minutes later, only to find that I was in the Shadow Decree medical center. What happened to me? "All bodily functions are at peak performance sir." A woman said. That had to be a medic of some sort. But when I looked a bit closer, I wasn't in a bed, but in a test tube. What were they doing to me?

"Good. Your awake." Sander said. His voice was distorted from the liquid I was being held in. "We had to be sure nothing was wrong with you, so we put you in this Medical Examination Pod." He added. Medical Examination Pod? "We'll get you out in a few seconds." He then left the room and the liquid was drained from the tank. I took off the mask and walked to dry off and grab my clothes. I had some questions that needed answering.

"Sander?" I asked. "How long was I out for? And why did I suddenly pass out?" He seemed to ponder if he should answer me. Then he turned and said. "We're hard at work trying to find out what it was that rendered you out of commission." "And how long was I out of commission for?" I reiterated. He answered more quickly. "Twelve days." I was out for twelve days? How much did I miss? And that one other question still bugs me, but I only asked it to myself.

"What is this Project XIII?"

-Day 25: A New Partner-

The next day, I was surprised to see that Amber had joined the Shadow Decree. Why? And how? "Amber... how did you join the Decree?" I asked. She shrugged while keeping her usual sweet smile and said. "I have my methods." "Well, we should still be able to talk about that strange light we keep seeing yeah?" I asked. She nodded and said. "But for now, let's make sure we get the nitty gritty out of the way." "Like what?" I asked. To which she replied excitedly. "I'm your new partner!"

This was certainly a surprise. This was gonna be interesting. Plus, Freddy, and possibly Leon, would have something to blackmail me with. "Just try not to make it look like we're a couple. Freddy already teased me about it at the party." I said. She gave me a boop on the nose and said. "Don't worry. If he gives you any trouble, I'll whip him into shape." She's pretty sassy. Still, if we were to be partners, I gotta expect this from her. "Hey ya love birds.~" Freddy said. "We aren't a couple." She and I said in unison. Freddy just pat my head softly and ruffled my hair a bit. Man I hate his guts sometimes. Still, I had to put up with it. He was my partner.