In Too Deep

Rikki's POV
I walked around the mall with Zane, as we ate our ice cream, but I felt a hard tug on my arm, Zane tried to pull me into his chest but failed when I had gotten ice cream on his shirt.

I gasped and slowly took off the cone "oh, you should, um, really watch we're you're going" I looked down at his stained shirt "oh, you want to take me on?" He joked "Mmm" I pointed at him with a smirk "bad move" he quickly wiped ice cream on my nose.

"Oh!" I smiled, and started to run away "no!" I giggled as he chased me down I ran between the pole to try and get away faster but he had got me by my waist, as I squealed squeezing his shoulder "say your sorry" he warned holding ice cream up to my face "no" I replied.

"Then accept the penalty" he brought it closer as I tried to scoot back "no, no!" I begged, but he quickly brought it down, and pulled me in for a kiss which I settled in for.

I stared at him with a chuckle, and looked down at his shirt, he wrapped his arms around me, while I wrapped mine around his waist, and we walked off.

"What are you doing later on? You want to come out on the boat?" He asked me "maybe another day" I nodded "you always say that, you never know we might see a mermaid" he gently pushed my shoulders which kinda made me stumble.

"Zane, forget about the mermaid, I'm not coming out on the boat" I shrugged "why?" He stopped walking "why?" I stood in front of him "yeah, why? What is it with you? Why are you always so secretive?" He filled me with questions that I couldn't tell him.

But as he was speaking something caught my eye, I walked over to get a closer look, and saw this necklace "Rikki what's up?" Zane stood by me, I didn't answer him and went inside the store.

"Where did you get that locket in the window?" I asked the man who worked there "that's just come in from a deceased's estate" he walked over and picked up his trash can and held it in front of me "we don't have too many details in the history of the item" he gestured me to throw away my ice cream.

I did as he wanted me too and walked over to see it better "can I see it?" I asked him, he sat down the trash, and walked over to get the necklace "what's the big deal?" Zane's whispered by my ear, "it's exactly like Cleo's and Leah's" I watched him get the necklace.

"So?" Zane said, before I could answer him back he had brought the necklace my way, I looked at it and it was the exact same one but a different color of the jem it was red "how much is it?" I stared at the necklace "it's an antique, very unusual, two hundred and fifty dollars" he said.

He smiled at me and was about to put the necklace back "uh, wait" I stopped him "um" I pulled out my phone and got ready to take a picture "um" he said kinda like a no "you don't charge for photos as well, do you?" I smiled at the man as he sighed and held up the necklace, I took the picture and smiled.

"Sorry, I have to go, I'll catch you later" I walked out the store looking at my phone while Zane stood there clueless.

Zane's POV
I watched as Rikki walked away with me just standing there all alone now "what where you doing with her?" I looked over to see Miriam "Miriam...nothing" I paused not telling her the truth.

"Hey, listen, girls like getting jewelry, right? Like as a gift?" My eyes stayed focused on the necklace that Rikki looked like she wanted "yeah, but not that" she looked at the necklace "I mean, it looks like something my nana would wear" I sighed at Miriam wishing Rikki was here.

Leah's POV
"They're identical" Rikki held up her phone between mine and Cleo's necklaces "wow, where'd you find it?" Cleo looked from the necklace to Rikki for an answer.