The Girl Next Door

Extrovert black cat Lisa x introvert golden retriever Jennie coming right up

Moving into a new house with her parents was the most exciting thing for Jennie, she couldn't wait to make new friends with the neighbours around her, and begin her new job at the animal shelter down the street after her days at school.

And when she'd been told about her next door neighbour being in the same school and grade, she'd never been happier. All she knew was that her Mom had been in contact with their new neighbours, and that she was assured they'd likely get along quite well.

So when they'd finally arrived and their things had been set inside of the house, Jennie had remained sat outside, seeing a woman next door (around her Mom's age) watering flowers in her garden.

"Hello, dear, you must be Jennie? My aren't you beautiful!" Jennie blushed at this, moving toward the fence separating her yard from her hopefully new-found friend's.

"Thank you... It's lovely to meet you Mrs..."

"Manoban, dear."

"Mrs Manoban." Jennie smiled shyly, and the woman on the other side of the fence studied her cautiously, with a small smile on her face also.

"My husband is currently away but will be back in a few weeks time, and my daughter Lisa is just inside. I can go grab her if you'd like? I'm sure she'd love to meet you."

"I'd love to!" And with that, Mrs Manoban was off to fetch her daughter, with a very pretty name, Jennie thought.

----

"Lisa, dear, the new neighbours are here! There's a girl your age I'd like you to meet." The small black haired girl peaked up from her phone, raising an eyebrow in question to her Mother, who folded her arms and glared.

"Do I have to?"

"Yes! You never talk to anybody apart from those delinquents off of your dance team! You might even make a new friend here." Lisa simply sighed, rising up and brushing down her cargos, before fixing up her hair with a pin, walking after her Mother.

"Jennie, dear, this is my daughter, Lisa." Lisa looked up to study this 'Jennie', and couldn't help but raise her eyebrows at the girl in front of her.

She was the complete opposite of what she'd expected. She was stood there with a floral summery dress on, hair tied half-up half down, bangs fluffed evenly just above a set of feline like eyes, and blushing cheeks.

"Hi." Was all the brunette said, and Lisa smirked a little, walking closer.

"Hi." Lisa only had one or two inches over her in height, but her neighbour still seemed to get a bit flustered at her presence, looking at the floor.

Mrs Manoban studied the two carefully, seeing a glint of mischief in her daughter's eyes, making her roll her eyes and hit her side softly.

"Be nice to her." Was all she said before walking back into the house.

"Jennie, huh?" Lisa murmured, and the brunette nodded, biting her lip.

"It's lovely to meet you, Lisa. You have nice eyes." Lisa felt herself jolt slightly at that, not expecting the compliment, but she recovered quickly.

"Is it just my eyes that are nice, hmm?" Lisa chuckled at little as Jennie turned bright red and started spluttering in order to try and make up for what Lisa had made her think was an insult.

"Nice- you know- everything! Um- I didn't mean for it to be- *sigh* I'm sorry."

"Don't sweat it, Jennie..."