Elevator Troubles

The girls had been at the YG building for practice, and things had been tense between Jennie and Lisa all morning, with the two of them arguing before heading to work.

————

"Jennie, just- god you're getting on my nerves!" Lisa puffed out in frustration, eyeing the brunette who scoffed as she pulled a shirt over her head, rolling her eyes when she knew Lisa could see.

Jennie had told Lisa she felt as though Lisa was spending too much time with Chaeyoung, and the younger girl had gotten upset over the fact that her girlfriend was annoyed over her spending time with her best friend, saying she was just jealous.

"Oh, well if I'm getting on your nerves you can just go spend time with Rosie since you love her so much, can't you?" Jennie exclaimed, grabbing her bags for rehearsal and walking out of the door, making Lisa groan as she followed behind.

"You know what, maybe I will!" Lisa spat, following close behind with her own bags.

"Fine."

"Fine!"

————

So now here they were, not speaking to each other at all during rehearsal, with Jennie staying by Jisoo, and Lisa sitting beside Chaeyoung, laughing constantly.

"Maybe you were just too harsh?" Jisoo murmured toward Jennie, but the girl simply huffed, frowning a little as she looked over at the two younger members, who were play fighting each other on the floor, and squeezed her eyes shut to try and rid herself of her upset.

"Maybe, I don't know. It's just frustrating." Jisoo frowned at the woman, rubbing her back softly, before they all heard their instructors state that they were done for the day.

Gathering her things, Jennie made her way to the elevator to get to the bottom floor, pressing the button, doors beginning to close.

She soon heard other voices yelling down the corridor, yelling for her to hold the door.

It was then that she spotted the three other girls running toward the elevator, rolling her eyes and laughing a little to see them all sprinting. She decided not to hold the door for the fun, but soon realised that a certain someone was gaining on the other two.

Slowly, the doors began to close, and just when Jennie thought she had the travel down on her own, Lisa slipped through the gap in the door, almost tripping over and fixing herself up just as the door shut.

"Great." She grumbled as she realised that she was in the elevator, with Jennie... alone.

The brunette sighed, feeling the elevator move, glad that she would be able to get some space from Lisa again.

That was until they heard a thud, making Jennie jump.

The elevator stopped mid floor, and the two women looked at each other in worry.

"Is it-"

"Are we-"

Jennie puffed out a breath, feeling her chest tighten just a little bit at the situation, closing her eyes to try and trick herself into believing she wasn't stuck where she was right now.

"Are you not going to press the emergency button?" Lisa muttered, brushing past the brunette to hit the button, alerting the staff in the building of what was happening.

She scoffed a little at the lack of response she'd gotten from Jennie, before turning around, the sight in front of her making her breath catch.

Jennie was leaning against the side of the elevator, hood pulled over her head as far as it would go, with a hand on her chest as she took in fast, shallow breaths.

"Jen..." She whispered, reaching out to hold onto her girlfriend's arm, rubbing up and down slowly.

The brunette ducked her head down even more, panting as her hands shook, watching Lisa take them into her own.

"Baby, we're gonna be okay, it'll just be a malfunction, someone will get it back up or they'll come and get us, all we need to do is wait." Her voice had softened now, as she watched Jennie tremble a little, and despite their anger toward one another, the brunette couldn't stop herself from seeking safety in the younger woman's touch, leaning forward and leaning her head against Lisa's shoulder.

The younger woman froze for a moment, before rubbing the back of Jennie's head, pulling her in closer.

"It's okay." She whispered, feeling Jennie wrap her arms around her waist, breathing shakily.

"I've got you." Lisa cooed, slowly moving to sit on the floor, shifting against the wall and pulling the brunette against her, holding her close.

"I'm sorry Lili." Jennie whispered, taking a deep breath as Lisa brushed her hands over her waist.

"We don't need to talk about all that now." Lisa murmured, but Jennie shook her head.

"We do. I'm sorry acting the way I did. I just got so... insecure... and acted really immature about it. I'm sorry." Her voice was small, smaller than Lisa had heard it in a long time, making her sigh.

"I'm sorry for making you feel that way, Nini. If I'd have known that was how you felt I would've reacted very differently." Jennie simply shrugged, closing her eyes and cuddling into Lisa as they awaited being let out.

"I love you, you know that?" Jennie nodded at Lisa's words, a weary smile on her face.

"I love you t- AH!" Jennie shrieked as the elevator made a loud clanging noise, moving around, causing her to tremble and bury herself into Lisa's hold.

"Baby, we're moving down, they've got it working again, it's okay. We're okay, shh." Jennie simply whimpered as Lisa kissed her head and held her until they reached the ground floor, the doors opening to some of the staff surrounding the door.

"Is everything alright?"

"We're fine, we just need to get home now. Come on, baby." Lisa whispered the last bit, helping the brunette up on shaky legs, taking both of their bags on one shoulder and guiding her out.

Despite the anxiety caused, she was glad they'd talked their issues out.