Chapter 1: Hardwork

NOTES: (h/c) = hair color

Third Person:

As the days passed on, the siblings thought about the (h/c) girl and how much of an impact she has made on their lives. A month passed since their first encounter, and the bitter cold of winter soon left. In its place, spring started arriving. Every week, she used to meet them in their home, if you could even call it that.

"What in the world is that?" (Name) asked, but it was more so her commenting.

"It's our home," Gyutaro replied. "We started building a few days ago."

"Onii-chan built it himself, with a bit of help from me of course!" Ume exclaimed with a wide grin.

(Name) took one look at the house, and without another word, started picking up a few spare pieces of wood. When asked why, she simply replied that they needed something better.

– Timeskip: 2 hours later –

The siblings and (Name) were walking back to their shack, along with (Name's) father, many large stacks of wood and stones in baskets. The siblings looked at each other as they recalled the events that happened 1 ½ hours ago.

"Papa!" the (e/c) girl called out. "We need help!"

Since it was the weekend, (Name)'s father was at home, watching the children outside the window.

"These are my friends, Gyutaro and Ume! We need to build a house for them that they can stay in," the innocent girl said. Her father often heard of these friends, but never actually met them in person. Now that he looked at them, he realized that they were poor and probably didn't have a family.

"Can you buy a house for them?" she asked, her eyes pleading with her father.

"Umm... I'm sorry (Name). We can't really, " he said.

While this was going on. Gyutaro and Ume stood on the sidelines, watching them, not knowing what to do.

"Should we say something, or will that make a bad impression?" They thought.

As the siblings walked with baskets of supplies in their hands, they thought about how generous the (Surname) family was. After 20 minutes, everybody decided to help them build a house. (Father's Name) took them to a merchant selling building supplies, and boy did they get a lot. 8 baskets of stones and wood, all paid for by (Name)'s dad.

As they approached their siblings' house, (Name)'s father told them to put their stuff down, and they complied. He put hay from their shack in a pile; they could use it for the floor later.

"This is going to take a lot of time, so be patient and help contribute. With that said, let's get started!" The father of (Name) announced. Oh boy, was this going to be a long day.