chapter 3

Chapter 3 •
Janice and Badge talk about their work.
"And so you take away the end trails like this, you see" Badge states.
"Mhm" Janice nods at him.
"Then look, the hell is that?" Badge lifts a shiny object to her, "Oh! A bullet!"
"That's right!" They both shout in excitement.
"He was shot, it turns out. And that's how you solve crime."
Badge raises a hand to place on one of his hips, and flicks the bullet he was holding in some random direction quickly returning his gaze and smirking at Janice.

"I really can't believe it, you're getting married today." Badge smiles at Janice, happy for her big day with Jensen.
"Well I. . I wanted to tell you something, first of all how proud I am of you."
"Aw thank you." Janice tilts her head at Badge, flattered by the compliment from her boss, "Second, the last thing I can teach you. ." Badge takes a glance at the body they were inspecting, "Bullets can kill."
"But you know what else can kill?"
Janice looks back and forth confused by the question "No?"
"Then i have taught you nothin-"
"UM, umm j-jellyfish?!" She stutters.
"That's right! And you know what else jellyfish are?, Cowardly. They have no spine." Janice gives Badge a somewhat confused yet concerning look. "Do you have a spine?" Badge questions.
"Uuhh yes." She points at him, "Good."

Badge looked away from her, preferring the sight of the wall over Janice "Because I want you to take over for me, as the head of Promise Hill P.D." He raises his hands to his face thinking, but only a strange sound resembling the initials 'phpd' is said to himself.
Janice decides to fill the odd brief silence, "I'm a bit busy this afternoon."

"Janice, I think now is the time, if I've taught you nothing else you have to prioritise your relationships or the job."
Janice watches as he raises both his hands opening them as he states the options as if physical objects, "You can't have both, I'm sorry. I've been through it all and I lost someone very precious to me."
His expression and tone changes to one of sadness.
"Who?" Janise curiously asks.
"It was my best friend... We did a lot together but it was up and down you see, on and off but I realised that relationship is- was holding me back from what I believed in."
A tear was close to leaving Badge's eyes as he remembers certain memories.

"So, you want me to take over as head of the P.D, break up with my fiance-"
"Woah woah," Badge waves his hands defensively at her, "You said ‘split up with your fiance’, I'm just asking questions."

The two move into a different room that's playing loud music, "Seems they've started early." Janise only nods at him.
Badge starts slowly walking in with Janice and continues to talk.
"Listen, you can be the honest cop promise hill needs."
Badge gives her a final look before walking away into the crowd of people.

Janise walks over to Jensen ready to be married.
"I, Jensen Johnson, take you, Janice Jonson, to be Janice Jonson Johnson."
"And I take you, Jensen Johnson, and I, Janice Jonson to be Jensen Johnson Jonson."
She thinks about her decision, hoping it won't backfire.