XIII. THE ONLY WAY POSSIBLE

"How is she?" Soap asked Price that was coming from the infirmary.

"For now, she's stable. They managed to stop the bleeding, they stitched her up and they will have an eye on her. The doctor said she was in luck, if she didn't take the antidote, she would most definitely die," he explained, grabbing a hold of Soap's shoulder. "Relax, the kid's a fighter."

Soap nodded, biting his lip. "I just hate it, you know?" he then uttered, looking at Price with a glance that seemed almost like puppy eyes.

"She was so close," he added, now looking at the solid concrete floor underneath him. He was pissed since they were so close to getting him.

"I know, just make sure she doesn't blame herself too much. It wasn't her – the poison didn't work," Price explained and shook Soap a little before moving past him, "go check on her later, we need to meet Black and I need you with me. She's sleeping anyways," he added what made Soap nod a little, moving behind Price. They were based in one of German's US military bases for the time being.

"Hey, you know who's that tall man with a veil?" Soap then asked, following his captain. "He's from Austria, works for some private guys, I think his name is König if I'm not mistaken," Price explained leading the way.

Soap nodded, "I'm tall, Ghost is tall – but the man is huge. How can he even do things?" he continued more or less to himself, but Price heard him.

"I hear he's one of the best – just not as good as us."

"Now, captain Price – how would you describe the mission?" Major Black asked him, the whole team was there, also the big tall man that stood behind her.

"Rather successful," he answered, holding his arms crossed across his chest.

"Rather successful?" She repeated, tapping with the point of her pen on the table's surface what was making all of them rather uncomfortable.

"She failed, your assassin – and to our luck we have no footage whatsoever what she was doing alone with Boris," she continued, throwing the pen down on a block of papers.

"She failed, she perhaps even let him go," she continued, what raised Price's eyebrow in anger, he had to contain.

"We have a footage," Soap then said, what made the whole room look at him.

"What? How? She said she mustn't have any of electronics on her while with him, because he would notice," Price responded turning to look at his teammate, now grabbing a gem he had in his left pocket.

"She had one planted in her jewellery," he explained, holding out a piece he torn from her necklace before she was taken by the military ambulance. "She said, it's what will prove she's not a spy."

"Check it," Black then ordered her men, looking directly at Soap, making someone approach him and take the gem, which was then taken to the tech team.

"She did her job well. It must have been something going on with the same poison she was affected by. She's lying in the infirmary, fighting for her life – while Boris stayed alive. He was prepared and he maybe took the antidote beforehand. I also noticed one of her heels were missing which means she supposedly stabbed him with it," Price described what must have happened.

"She did everything she could, while killing fifteen men that were having fire-armour, while she had two knives and a ring. If you ask me? She failed because we put too much work on her shoulders. But by your instructions we were not to meddle with her. I believe you did that on purpose," he boldly continued, making Black seem more uncomfortable by the second he spoke.